spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Kellerstein

join:2012-12-24
Haliburton, ON

Just signed up for TekSavvy, Internet is down now.

I just had my account activated on the 21st, everything went great. Now the DSL and Internet lights have gone out on the modem. I've tried rebooting, restoring to factory settings and replacing all the cords. Still no luck.

Called TekSavvy and they told me they would have to send this to Bell and see if they can fix the issue remotely. This is really frustrating as tech support didn't really seem to even care about getting the issue fixed.

Any other ideas on how I can get this fixed without having a technician come out? Would really like to have Internet access tomorrow for the kids to Skype.

Poser

join:2002-07-28
Post in the Teksavvy Direct forums.

»TekSavvy Direct

Chang

@teksavvy.com
reply to Kellerstein
If you switched from Bell internet you'll probably be down anywhere from 5 to 7 days. More than likely your line card just got pulled If you switched from a different 3rd party isp or are a new sign up then the modem likely is shot.

mike0z

@teksavvy.com
reply to Kellerstein
if the dsl light goes out, there is a loss in connection between your modem and the DSL equipment which bell owns and maintains. Faulty wiring, or any other technical reason will need to be fixed by bell. that is unfortunately the only option, teksavvy has no option other than to wait for bells response. if your modem is not connected, teksavvy cannot 'see' anything or diagnose anything further.

unfortunately sometimes the cause is a faulty DSL modem or wiring inside your home, and if a bell technician finds nothing wrong on their end, the charge is on you (~$90) I always recommend a backup modem just to be sure your modem isn't fault.

the situation would be the same regardless of ISP you had, even if you had bell internet...you would still have to wait for a bell tech.

TSI Jonathan
Premium
join:2011-08-24
canada
kudos:10
reply to Kellerstein
Hi Kellerstein,

I am sorry to hear, I'd really like to take a look over your account to see if anything can be done quicker. Can you send me a PM TSI Jonathan See Profile or post in the direct forum as Poser said.

»TekSavvy Direct

Cheers,

TSI Jonathan
--
Social Media Relations Team Leader
Authorized TSI employee - Teksavvy Solutions Inc.

Kellerstein

Haliburton, ON
The DSL and Internet lights don't even blink after rebooting the modem. I hope the modem isn't faulty.

Looks like a technician is coming out today at some point.

Kellerstein

Haliburton, ON
Bell just showed up. Looks like it's a defective port at the central hub. Going to be fixed sometime this week.

Poser

join:2002-07-28
Thats good news. I hope it gets resolved soon!

chrisl83

join:2011-06-21
Almonte, ON
reply to Kellerstein
bell actually sent a tech out on christmas? woah..

well if you want to feel better at least know you costed them a pretty penny today.

JonF
Premium
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON
reply to Kellerstein
Kellerstein,

Please get in touch with us when it gets resolved.

Jeffer71

join:2008-09-13
Carrying Place, ON
Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to chrisl83
said by chrisl83:

bell actually sent a tech out on christmas? woah..

well if you want to feel better at least know you costed them a pretty penny today.

I've found since I've lived in smaller communities that Bell is usually on the ball. The techs always have showed up the next day when I've had issues, and I'm with an independent Isp.

When I lived in the big city (Lamebridge) I was lucky to see the tech that week.

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Kellerstein
said by Kellerstein:

I just had my account activated on the 21st, everything went great. Now the DSL and Internet lights have gone out on the modem. I've tried rebooting, restoring to factory settings and replacing all the cords. Still no luck.

Called TekSavvy and they told me they would have to send this to Bell and see if they can fix the issue remotely. This is really frustrating as tech support didn't really seem to even care about getting the issue fixed.

Any other ideas on how I can get this fixed without having a technician come out? Would really like to have Internet access tomorrow for the kids to Skype.

Too much illegal downloading going on. Saturating the network.
--
If my online experience is enhanced, why are my speeds throttled?? BHell... A Public Futility.