Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

thephantom

join:2001-04-24
Alamo, CA

1 edit

Airdroid Help Needed

I tried Airdroid and had the same luck as I had with KiesAir. Nada. For some reason I never can connect. Yes, I am on the same wireless connection, but whether I use IE9 or Chrome, neither lets me access the phone. It always times out. In the case of Kies, I enter the url it tells me to. With airdroid I tried both entering the url and also going to the web.airdroid.com page and entering the password it gave me. Neither worked.

Is there something I need to do with my router? It is a Linksys E1000 and other than changing the passwords and giving it a name, I haven't messed with any of the other settings it has. Is there something I have to do with its security settings?

I'd appreciate any help with this.
TIA,
S.

tcope
Premium
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT
kudos:2
On my router I had to forward port 9000 to my phones LAN IP.

thephantom

Alamo, CA
Thanks. Any help on how exactly to do that? I looked through various menus on the Linksys E1000 I have, but don't know enough about what I am seeing to know how to do that.

And how do I know what my phone's IP is?

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2
reply to thephantom
I had to remove Kies/Kies Air from my Galaxy S3 and computer. When I installed it on my computer, it kept my SanDisk USB memory stick from being accessed.

thephantom

Alamo, CA
interesting. I do have Kies air on my phone but didn't install it on my pc. But I don't have trouble accessing my usb memory at all.

I tried to figure out how to open port 9100 to my router, but I wasn't able to figure it out.

Mister_E

join:2004-04-02
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to thephantom
If both devices are using Wireless on the same WiFi network, double check to see if your Wireless Router has an AP Isolation feature - if it does and it's enabled, it'll prevent Wireless devices from communicating with each other.

Also, be sure to have Java installed on the PC for Kies Air to work.

PeeWee
Premium
join:2001-10-21
Madera, CA

1 edit
reply to thephantom
I use AirDroid ( »play.google.com/store/apps/detai···airdroid ) on several phones and tablets. Install and use, no other settings to be done, No installation on computer or allowances to be made.
Another opinion-- »forum.xda-developers.com/showthr···=1506569
--
Iphone. Helping computer illiteracy become popular since 2007

PeeWee
Premium
Madera, CA
reply to thephantom
said by thephantom:

Thanks. Any help on how exactly to do that? I looked through various menus on the Linksys E1000 I have, but don't know enough about what I am seeing to know how to do that.

And how do I know what my phone's IP is?

Open airdroid on phone hit start and it will be displayed.
--

thephantom

Alamo, CA
reply to PeeWee
I opened Airdroid, got the url it came up with (which looked right as it was my router address but with a port) but in my browser, it just times out. every time.
Do I need java installed? or some setting in either IE9 or chrome to make this work?
Someone mentioned some kind of "AP isolation feature" on my router. Can someone give me a clue where I would find that?
I read through the forums PeeWee linked, but it looks like everything should "just work". But it doesn't. It always times out.
I'm thinking there is some router setting I need, and/or installing Java.
Right now, it just doesn't do it. grrrrrr.

PeeWee
Premium
Madera, CA
Enter the full address plus :8888 as shown.

Mister_E

Etobicoke, ON
reply to thephantom
You do need Java installed (for Kies Air) as the interface Kies Air serves to your browser uses it.

As to 'AP Isolation' - this feature is found under Wireless>Advanced Wireless Settings on your Linksys E1000 router.

thephantom

Alamo, CA
reply to PeeWee
said by PeeWee:

Enter the full address plus :8888 as shown.

Thanks, I did. 192.168.1.104:9100 is the full url with port number it came back with. I put that in and it times out.

thephantom

Alamo, CA
reply to Mister_E
said by Mister_E:

You do need Java installed (for Kies Air) as the interface Kies Air serves to your browser uses it.

As to 'AP Isolation' - this feature is found under Wireless>Advanced Wireless Settings on your Linksys E1000 router.

Thanks. That got me a lot closer. I get a message saying it wants to load Apple Quicktime, which I didn't. But then it told me there was a certificate error. So this got me a lot closer.
1) do I need to install Quicktime?
2) I chose https, is that why it wanted a security certificate?
2a) where would I get such a thing?

Thanks again,
s.
edit: I re-tried without checking the https box, and it worked! at least it went on to the next screen. Now I'll try to actually use some of the functionality.

thephantom

Alamo, CA
I get the user interface, can find my folders under externalsd, but can't drag/drop files into any folder there. any tricks about that I should know?

PeeWee
Premium
Madera, CA
reply to thephantom
Click for full size
Does it look like this?

thephantom

Alamo, CA
PeeWee - yes, that's what it looks like. Although I can't seem to drill down into my external sd card.

PeeWee
Premium
Madera, CA
My phone does not have an external card however it references storage as an SD card when I open files. Have you tried to find files by name that would be on external card?
--

thephantom

Alamo, CA
yes, that helped. it looks like drag and drop doesn't work yet. I went to their forum and it looks like many people reported the same. It is supposed to work with Chrome in their latest version, but I haven't been successful with it yet.

Mister_E

Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to thephantom
Are you using Airdroid or Kies Air?

I've only used Kies Air, so I can only speak for it.

Kies Air doesn't need Quicktime.

It will cause a certificate error in Java depending upon your Java settings as you can't self-sign the certificate.

thephantom

Alamo, CA
It was Airdroid that wanted Quicktime. Kies Air let me transfer files, but I had to install Java first. And it decided where to put the file, it gave me no choice.