join:2008-07-18
Venice, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
·Time Warner Cable
·Clearwire Wireless

4 edits

TimeWarnerInternet New internet plans Mid 2013

Timewarner cable los angeles to update to faster speeds by mid 2013 in LA area and all divisions....here are the speedtest results..

Im originally from San Antonio Texas but now have the speeds ont he boat

FROM THE BOAT HERE ARE MY RESULTS......

www.youtube.com/thecomputermaster is my channel for speed tests PM me on there if you want updates

Talked to TWC CEO..... New speeds for 2013

10/10 which i have here in Los Angeles *earthquake capital of USA*

UPDATE as of 12/28/2012

Speeds for Mid to late 2012 are going to be in most markets
3/1 TWC basic internet

10/10 Coax

30/5 Coax

50/50 FTTH Fiber Only

100/100 *FTTH* Fiber

FTTH To the following cities by mid to late 2013

Austin,San Antonio,CorpusChristi,LosAngeles Metro....Includes all cities around, Orange county California most areas New york *because of hurricane sandy all new fiber optic cabling in NYC
New jersey Yuma,Palm Springs Dayton,cincinnati,Most Brighthouse areas in Flordia Should be getting the upgrades by late 2013

Nick21

join:2010-02-03
New York, NY

Oh so 10Mbps up? Do you know anything about Ultimate increases? 100/25? Thanks

Suit Up

join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
reply to SanAntonioTx

Wait... are you saying we're going to get symmetrical speeds?

Fleeced

join:2012-10-06
kudos:2
reply to SanAntonioTx

Somehow I doubt Symmetrical speeds. You never know though, maybe Google/FIOS are scaring them into that.

Wilsdom

join:2009-08-06
reply to SanAntonioTx

I don't think this guy is for real...

Happydude32
Premium
join:2005-07-16
kudos:1
reply to SanAntonioTx

I'd believe it more if those results were directly hotlinked from Speedtest.net.

dragonman300

join:2011-03-02
Anaheim, CA
reply to SanAntonioTx

I wouldnt believe him if I were you.

Happydude32
Premium

I don't. I'm just seeing if the OP can provide those same results, but hot linked directly Speedtest.net so we can be sure there no Photoshopping going on.

Racerbob
Premium
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY

said by Happydude32:

I don't. I'm just seeing if the OP can provide those same results, but hot linked directly Speedtest.net so we can be sure there no Photoshopping going on.

I agree.

Fleeced

reply to SanAntonioTx

Wait, didn't TWC already roll out 15 down for standard everywhere?

Suit Up

join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
reply to SanAntonioTx

Now that SanAntonioTx has edited the post with the "new" speeds, I see they can't be correct, since I've already been upgraded to 15 down.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

said by Suit Up:

Now that SanAntonioTx has edited the post with the "new" speeds, I see they can't be correct, since I've already been upgraded to 15 down.

not to mention a 100Mbps upstream is not even possible with DOCSIS yet you have to have dedicated fiber to get that and TWC offers from 5Mbps down/5Mbps up to 1Gbps down/1Gbps up symetrical on their dedicated fiber services for business class.

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA
reply to Fleeced

I got the e-mail and followed the instructions and got no change in my download rates as tested from various sites including dslreports. I called tech support and had them check my cable modem and there wee no problems, but it just hasn't happened for me. Maybe I can get it to change at some point, though trying the procedure several times didn't cause any of the settings visible in the hidden screens of the cable modem to change. At least everything works the same as before, rather than worse.
--
It is easier for a camel to put on a bikini than an old man to thread a needle.

SanAntonioTx
Premium
Venice, CA
reply to Happydude32

why the heck would i PHOTO shop? LOL i don't even have the PHOTOSHOP on my pc

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

said by SanAntonioTx:

well I know that TWC would never give someone a 10Mbps upload unless they were channel bonding on the upstream in LA which they aren't also you either photo shopped or have a rogue configuration by hacking the modem.

SanAntonioTx
Premium
Venice, CA

hacked modem......really i live on a boat with a DOcsis 3.0
modem
and 10/10 RELAX........
jeeze

kilrathi
Premium
join:2005-04-22
Rockaway Park, NY
reply to SanAntonioTx

Why post pictures uploading them if speedtest.net allows u to link to exact images/results themselves, you can see why it seems fishy.

StubbyinKCMO

join:2008-11-15
Kansas City, MO
reply to SanAntonioTx

What they are saying is that all you have to do is hit the button that says share this and then hit copy to put it on clipboard to post here.

Like this. Not symmetrical service by any stretch. Just 10/1 basic service.

bluepoint

join:2001-03-24
reply to SanAntonioTx

said by SanAntonioTx:

Timewarner cable los angeles to update to faster speeds by mid 2013 in LA area and all divisions....here are the speedtest results..

Talked to TWC CEO..... New speeds for 2013

10/10 which i have here in Los Angeles *earthquake capital of USA*

20/20

30/30
50/50

in some areas 100/100

They have it @Kansas but the upload is not even close to what you're saying here.
»let the speculation begin!

richrockstar

join:2010-03-14
Wake Forest, NC
reply to SanAntonioTx

"thecomputermaster" and "planetearth" have a long history of trying to scam people about speed tests... he did it last year on S4GRU.com .... tried to tell people that he was getting 50mbps on sprint LTE when the technology + spectrum only allows around 30-35mbps... if you guys want to read into him, this is a good place to start...

»s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/905-s···p__16474

I would take anything thecomputermaster says and throw it right in the garbage bin.

DelmarPip
Premium
join:2011-10-15
Brownsville, TX

i heard thecomputermaster worked for twc for a while then got fired so he is in the know cuz he use to work for twc

Fleeced

reply to SanAntonioTx

There is absolutely nothing backing up any of the claims of symmetrical speeds on TWC. I think there were people who are getting the "beta" of new speeds still only have a puny 5 up.

djrobx
Premium
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO
reply to SanAntonioTx

It has to be BS. LA doesn't get anything first.

Hell, we don't even see our own "live" broadcasts first most of the time.
--
AT&T U-Hearse - RIP Unlimited Internet 1995-2011
Rethink Billable.

bluepoint

join:2001-03-24

said by djrobx:

It has to be BS. LA doesn't get anything first.

Hell, we don't even see our own "live" broadcasts first most of the time.

Remember he knows TWC's CEO.

Wilsdom

join:2009-08-06

1 recommendation

reply to SanAntonioTx

Still talking about this? This guy literally has reviews of mental hospitals on his youtube channel!

motoracer

join:2003-09-15
united state

1 recommendation

said by Wilsdom:

Still talking about this? This guy literally has reviews of mental hospitals on his youtube channel!

Ya...I'm pretty creeped out after watching a few of his videos...

Fleeced

Now I'm curious.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
reply to SanAntonioTx

A new speed upgrade? We just had one. Can TWC even handle all the upgraded speeds since peak hours suck now with the recent upgrades? :P

Dampier
Phillip M Dampier

join:2003-03-23
Rochester, NY

1 recommendation

This whole story is utter nonsense. TWC will jigger their Turbo and D3 plans closer to what Kansas City is getting, which delivers the bulk of the speed increases on the download side.

Keep in mind you can buy Business Class broadband in some other configurations, but residential TWC speeds and plans are much more predictable. Los Angeles isn't a hotbed of telco competition either. Pay attention to Kansas City and watch what TWC does there as a signpost to what they may be able to offer your area down the road.
--
Phillip M. Dampier
Editor, Stop the Cap!
»stopthecap.com

Happydude32
Premium
reply to SanAntonioTx

said by SanAntonioTx:

Yes, because if you're not telling the truth about these speeds, then of course you wouldn't lie about anything else, now would you.

Honestly, why do you get off over posting made up nonsense about something as trivial as internet speeds on an internet message board? These test results are doctored, it doesn’t take a genius to figure that out. Time Warner is NOT moving to symmetrical tiers. Again please provide some results hotlinked from Speedtest.net and then if in off chance you can actually do that, provide proof that you are not spoofing a TW issued IP address.
--
iPhone: 4” 1136 X 640 Display, 1.30 GHz Dual Core Processor, 1 GB RAM
MyPhone: 5” 1920 X 1080 Display, 1.50 GHz Quad Core Processor, 2 GB RAM
So tell me, why is exactly is the iPhone so great?
Droid Does What Jobs Won’t Let You Do.