spc
uniqs

dwthoma1
@comcast.net

dwthoma1 to maxriders

Anon

to maxriders

Re: Motorola SBG6580 Gateway New Firmware this morning

It seems like the "Parental Controls" tab disappeared. When I log onto 192.168.0.1, it only has: Status / Basic / Advanced / Firewall / Wireless / Logout. What happened to my "Parental Controls"?

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

1 recommendation

andyross

MVM

Yet another reason to stay away from gateway modems. You may have lost a feature, and you have *NO* control over why or when it happens.

not
@comcast.net

not to dwthoma1

Anon

to dwthoma1
said by dwthoma1 :

It seems like the "Parental Controls" tab disappeared. When I log onto 192.168.0.1, it only has: Status / Basic / Advanced / Firewall / Wireless / Logout. What happened to my "Parental Controls"?

Call and report it. I bet it's something they overlooked when they built the firmware because the majority of people have standalone modems and a router behind it that handles this. You need to report it to them.

Mother Hen
@comcast.net

Mother Hen

Anon

I have also lost my parental controls - at first I thought the teenagers found a way around it - has anyone found a solution?

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

Dump the Gateway and get separate modem and router. That way, your security is not in the hands of Comcast.

pht58
@comcast.net

pht58 to Mother Hen

Anon

to Mother Hen
Yep, I lost the parental control too . I need this badly. My kid is out of control. Motorola or Comcast should come up with a solution fast. If anyone knows how to bring it back please help.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by pht58 :

Yep, I lost the parental control too . I need this badly. My kid is out of control. Motorola or Comcast should come up with a solution fast. If anyone knows how to bring it back please help.

Allow me to join the chorus that seems to not be loud enough. Replace the cable gateway box with a standard cable modem (or at least insist that Comcast put it into bridge mode), and get your own router with whatever firewall features you wish (and that only you control).