ehansman
He's Back - KIMI 2012
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-21
Over Here
kudos:2

2 recommendations

[FP-Ops] Big News

Hi Team...I have accepted a position in San Diego and will be moving in mid-January. With this move comes a significant downsize (from house to apartment). As part of this move, I regret to inform the team I will need to resign as a Foldy operator.
You may have noticed my blade's been down. It's been a whirlwind of travel recently as part of this change, but once I return I intend to pack the blade and ship it to its new home. I know it is an older piece of equipment, but it still manages to complete WUs before deadline and could be placed in service elsewhere. It's a little dusty, but that's the nature of computing in Mid-Missouri.....
Please PM me with a shipping address, if you would like the equipment returned. If you wish for the blade to be recycled, I can arrange for that as well. My current university works with a recycling company in Missouri that accepts computers and other associated equipment.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time as an op, but the time has come for me to shut Foldy 8 down and find her a new home. Thank you for understanding.
--
Folding for cures - join us! »folding.stanford.edu (Team 4)

alphapointe
Don't Touch Me
Premium,MVM
join:2002-02-10
Columbia, MO
Reviews:
·Socket Internet ..

1 recommendation

Leaving MO for CA? I'll try not to hold that against you...

Subject to board approval, I can give F8 a new home, as I wanted to replace F2B4 with a quad before the RAID controller dies completely anyway...

Good luck with your new job, and don't turn into a CA snob, or we'll drag you back to Missouri with a chainfall.

Merry Christmas, All!
--
"When the hammer drops, the bullshit stops"

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi
reply to ehansman

Congrats and best of luck in your new job.

jaynick
lit up
Premium
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI
reply to ehansman

Congratulations and the best to you on your new venture.

parkut
Crunch Addict
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-15
Harrison Township, MI
kudos:7
reply to ehansman

Erin - Congratulations on your new job.

I would have no objection to alphapointe See Profile assuming operatonal control.

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3
reply to ehansman

Congrats!

TwoFrogs
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Downtown
reply to alphapointe

said by alphapointe:

Leaving MO for CA? I'll try not to hold that against you...
Good luck with your new job, and don't turn into a CA snob, or we'll drag you back to Missouri with a chainfall.

I, for one, welcome you to Southern California, Erin. Remember to start your suntan off slowly ...

Congratulations on your new job!
--
Things are more like they used to be than they are now.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:21
reply to ehansman

Thanks for your faithful service as a foldy Op, Erin! Outstanding job! Big congrats on the new job, hoping it's the best possible career move for you right now.

I am in favor of Brad taking custody of the blade.
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

santy
Don't Follow Me, I'M Lost Too
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-10
Wilmington, IL
kudos:1
reply to ehansman

congrats on the new job. Be safe with all your moving and thank you for being a FP-Operator.
--
You don't quit playing 'cause you're OLD. You're old BECAUSE you quit playing!!

ehansman
He's Back - KIMI 2012
Premium,MVM
Over Here

1 recommendation

reply to ehansman

Thanks, everyone. Once everyone's said yay/nay, I can work with alphapointe See Profile to meet him in Columbia before I move.
This makes me feel a LOT better. I was worried.
Thanks for allowing me to serve as a foldy op. You are truly a special team, and I'll miss being a part of it.
--

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi

1 recommendation

reply to ehansman

You can always be part of the team.

mattmag
Premium,ExMod 2000-03
join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois
reply to parkut

said by parkut:

I would have no objection to alphapointe See Profile assuming operatonal control.

I'll second that motion. Sounds like a good workable plan.

antbhill2
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-28
Northern VA
reply to ehansman

I concur with the move of equipment.

Thanks to Erin for your service as a foldy op and to Brad for offering to take over the system.

ehansman
He's Back - KIMI 2012
Premium,MVM
Over Here

1 recommendation

reply to ehansman

Here's an official "I think this is an excellent idea, and I think it should happen prior to January 10."
Brad and I will easily work out arrangements for drop-off once we have a full vote.
--

mattmag
Premium,ExMod 2000-03
join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois

1 recommendation

I believe we have adequate consensus of the FP Board at this time, and will say you are good to go with your planned move of F8 on the schedule that works out between you and Brad.

Sarah See Profile and BadHat See Profile don't always make it by here all the time, but I am confident they would also be in support. No full vote is necessary since there is no expenditure of funds, and it is simply a movement of equipment between Ops.

If anyone isn't OK with that, please let me know.

BadHat
Hook'M Horns
Premium
join:2003-10-14
Rosa's Place
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to ehansman

Sorry for my absence. Had some minor surgery.

I concur with the move and thank Erin for her service.

Sarah
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
join:2001-01-09
New York, NY
kudos:6
Reviews:
·MegaNet Communic..

2 recommendations

reply to mattmag

said by mattmag:

Sarah See Profile and BadHat See Profile don't always make it by here all the time, but I am confident they would also be in support.

Major apologies for not being available this past week. Normally I do try to check in at least daily. I was traveling for the holidays and on Christmas I managed to strain my back to the "can't walk without holding on to furniture and/or family members" stage. I had to miss Christmas dinner and spending time with my grandma and cousins who I haven't seen in four years, because I couldn't sit at a dinner table or get into a car As always, I am walking proof of the adage, "no good deed goes unpunished," as the final straw for my back was putting presents under the tree.

I just got home a few minutes ago, booted the laptop, opened my browser and saw an IM from parkut See Profile pointing me here.

I'll throw in a belated "sounds good to me"! And congrats on the move and the new job, ehansman See Profile!
--
Join the DSLR Kiva team!

alphapointe
Don't Touch Me
Premium,MVM
Columbia, MO
Reviews:
·Socket Internet ..

4 recommendations

reply to ehansman

Quick meeting, but for the first time I have met someone from here in person, it was cool.

It was nice meeting you, Erin. Again, good luck with your new job!

The foldy is getting ready to have CentOS loaded, and should be crunching by tomorrow.
--

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:21
reply to Sarah

Oh gee, Sarah, I just saw your post. I am so sorry to hear of your injury and all you missed during Christmas. How is your back now? This is going to mend completely, yes?

And, Brad and Erin! I'm jealous. I'm glad you two had a chance to meet, though, if it couldn't be me.
--
Join Team Helix * I am praying for these friends .

Sarah
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
join:2001-01-09
New York, NY
kudos:6
Reviews:
·MegaNet Communic..

1 recommendation

I'm doing better, thanks It's just the typical lower back trouble that a lot of office workers have due to sitting at a desk all day. This was the worst episode I've had in about 5 years, but I've recovered most of the way and I'm back at the office now. Luckily I was traveling with and visiting family, so I had people around who took good care of me.
--
Join the DSLR Kiva team!

alphapointe
Don't Touch Me
Premium,MVM
Columbia, MO
Reviews:
·Socket Internet ..

2 recommendations

reply to sortofageek

said by sortofageek:

And, Brad and Erin! I'm jealous. I'm glad you two had a chance to meet, though, if it couldn't be me.

I think Erin has worse vision than I do. She didn't take one look at me and go running into the street shrieking!
--

onDvine
Don't Litter. Spay-Neuter.
Premium
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA
kudos:9
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

1 edit
reply to ehansman

said by TwoFrogs:

... I, for one, welcome you to Southern California ...

I, too, welcome you to Southern California and wish you all the best at your new job.
--
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. Rita Mae Brown

ehansman
He's Back - KIMI 2012
Premium,MVM
Over Here

2 recommendations

reply to alphapointe

Oh, hush! It was my pleasure to meet you. Wish we could've chatted longer!
--