capdjq
Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

capdjq to Blogger

Premium Member

to Blogger

Re: [NFL] Sanchez Benched, Tebow heading to CFL?

said by Blogger:

You know I don't understand how any person IMO that is knowledgeable about the QB position and passing could ever think that Tebow could with his current total package of skills even remotely come close to being a professional level passer in any league. Just the way he throws the ball is horrendous. I am talking about the pure mechanics and the trajectory or flight of the ball and accuracy or releases on timing routes as well as the types of passes he cannot throw but an NFL QB must be able to throw. I'm also not even talking about his reads, audibles or the other skills needed.

I am seriously amazed at those that back him strictly on the above within the context of the areas I critique.

I'm speaking in general about Tebow and the subject and I when I refer to his backers I am referring to the totality of those in the national collective not any specific poster in this or any other thread here.

Never watched his College career, but I read he had much success. How did he accomplish that?

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium Member
join:2012-10-18

1 edit

Blogger

Premium Member

He played on a top caliber team and his passing was set up by the running game of which he as a runner/passer/option player was built around. he was 6'3' or so, muscular, with decent speed, agility, and power so that fit with SEC team offense. If he had to have played on any team requiring him to be a pocket passer in college he would have failed miserably there. He wouldn't have been drafted in any round by any NFL team.