uniqs

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

[STB] On Demand not showing any content

Noticed late last night and this morning that Comcast On Demand is not working correctly.

First, I have three of these Set Top Boxes in my house.

Make: Pace
Model: RNG110 RF
Part Code: C1983443300

When I press the "On Demand" button on the remote, On Demand does open, but the only option I see is "About On Demand". No other options are present.

If you click the "OK" button on the remote with that option selected (its the only option), then the screen changes to show you how to use On Demand.

Those options play as they should.

However, I do not see any menu options for anything else On Demand (Free or paid). Its just the one menu item.

I did try unplugging one of the STB's for 60 seconds, and then plugging it back in, but that did not appear to help.

Is this something I can fix on my end, or is this a Comcast issue?

--Brian
Cablejim10875
join:2012-09-21
Bath, ME

Cablejim10875

Your box needs a UDB hit to activate the ondemand. Its in its "wall Garden" state. Afterthe UDB hit is sent it should activate pretty quickly.

plencnerb
Premium Member
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

While I would understand that a UDB hit would be needed to activate a "new" box and get On Demand working, what would cause all three boxes to stop working? I have had all three boxes in the house since 11/27/2012, and On Demand has worked without problems, until last night.
Cablejim10875
join:2012-09-21
Bath, ME

Cablejim10875

It could of been a system update or "hit" to the boxes that caused it.

plencnerb
Premium Member
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

I was getting ready to give Comcast a call to see if they could fix this. However, before I did, I figured I would test On Demand just to make sure it was still "broke".

Well, I don't need to call anyone, as it is now working the way it is suppose to.

So, no idea what was wrong, but whatever it was, its been corrected.

--Brian