how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Winchester

join:2009-09-07
Winchester, VA

[VOD] VOD Error 14 During Every Major Holiday

Been tracking this for a year. Every single major holiday we receive Error 14 on our DVR box. Called twice this Christmas season and Comcast couldnt resolve remotely. Sent a tech out on Christmas Eve and had the DVR replaced. Tech was still getting the error and mentioned the DVR is taking way too long to boot, 30 minutes to be exact. When it does finally boot the tech was also getting error 14. Tech made some calls and still wasn't able to get it to work. Check the plant and all is perfect in levels. Tech tells me its a system issue with Comcast and then he leaves.

Still getting error 14. This is really pathetic of Comcast to leave a customer hanging.

Tomorrow, I'm contacting my internal contact within Comcast. This will filter down from the top to the bottom. Questions will be asked as why management has been called directly.

Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

maybe your system / node / hub / headend is over loaded??

Cablejim1087

join:2012-09-21
Bath, ME
reply to Winchester

Do you have an RNG DVR? Our area has been having issues with the VOD on those DVR's. The older ones still work fine. theRNG's just randomly lose VOD for a couple of days then a reboot fixes it 24hrs later.

Winchester

join:2009-09-07
Winchester, VA

Yes, RNG 200 to be precise.

This has been an on going issue for a very long time. Comcast cant fix it or wont fix it. Either way, using my resources in management level to address this from the top down.

Cablejim1087

join:2012-09-21
Bath, ME

Yeah we've been told its a national issue and theyre working on it. If your in a SA market get a cc sci fi model. Havnt seen any issues with them.

Russ6

join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX
kudos:1

said by Cablejim1087:

Yeah we've been told its a national issue and theyre working on it. If your in a SA market get a cc sci fi model. Havnt seen any issues with them.

What is the sci fi model?

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

I think they meant to say scientific Atlanta model. An older model dvr.