Since replying in the approriate spot is blocked....
»[Review] Straight Talk and the Samasung Galaxy Procalim
I liked to have comments on this device from the original poster and others.
1) Does it REALLY have 802.11a 5.8GHZ
as listed by the specs? ?
2) Issues with the device..ie: No Service/Airplane mode lock up that others are reporting?
3) Camera ... since its fixed focus and no flash, issues with QR/Barcode scanning which seem to work only on auto focus cameras? Pic2Scan I am aware of, and looking at for QR/bar code scanning... Other suggested camera applications over stock for the camera... Issues with applications which support BCS ie: Target, KeyRing etc..??
4) Square and Intuit QuickPay??? Any one using it on this device or the LG? Working, Not working????
I'd love to get the Samsung Galaxy S S950C but its not online, no store locally or in areas where I could import it seem to have it, and its slightly more than I want to pay any way... the SII is NOT an option. VZW ONLY DEVICES.. Thats the reason I am finally looking at ST as they finally got a deal for Android devices on VZW.. those others are just as inferior as the current MVNO that this device will replace when they use the same or another inferior network.
The LG slider is nice and I like the keyboard, but its 800MHz and the last LG I had at this level was a DOG! ABSOLUTE DOG! Don't wish to repeat that experience just for autofocus if I can adapt with software, and the addition of 802.11a 5.8GHz would be a plus for me.
This will NOT be my primary phone. I have another Verizon contract phone, this is a secondary phone and I have used another CDMA MVNO on another drastically inferior network.. I am aware that this is native VZW coverage so most of KY and WV is a dead spot [no coverage], but it works in my area.. I really don't get why VZW would make these areas "roaming" for spectrum rights.. but thats another topic...
Comments and reviews on this??
Any have suggestions for :
1) Car Mounts / Navigation mounts ala
»www.amazon.com/Samsung-ECS-K1E6B ··· ps_img_y
If Samsung made these when on Verizon as the Illusion they've removed it from their site and I can't seem to find a reference to an OEM one... after market similar devices.. which auto activate Car/Nav mode?
2) Desktop Cradles / Docks ala
»www.amazon.com/Samsung-EDD-D1E6B ··· 05SC8V1K
when on Verizon as the Illusion they've removed it from their site and I can't seem to find a reference to an OEM one... after market similar devices.. which auto activate Desk Dock mode????
I prefer to have docks and mounts like these for all devices
3) High capacity batteries even if not compatible (most are not) with the OEM mounts/docks above or cases... most of the after market ones don't seem to mind, but don't activate nav mode for the one I found thats "universal."
Any one know the trick that Samsung uses? In the LG I had it was a magnet in the right spot to trick it to dock or nav mode... My current Samsung seems to be something in the device as it must be powered to change where the LG didn't...
Any other comments on this unit???