Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

[DVR] New cable boxes not showing up in xfinity app

I just had the whole house DVR installed this past Thursday (it is now Tuesday). The host DVR is a Motorola RNG 200 (which was there prior to the install) and it is showing up in the app. The client boxes are the Motorola RNG150N boxes and they are not showing up in the Xfinity App. The installer came with the Pace RNG150 boxes but he found out those are not compatible with the AnyRoom DVR so he had to hunt down another tech to get the Motorola RNG150N boxes that are compatible. It took him twice as long to complete the job as he was told at the warehouse that the Pace boxes were AnyRoom compatible but they wern't (as he found out the hard way after he installed them only to find out it was not working).

The question I am asking pertains to the Xfinity remote app for iPhone (the new boxes are not showing up but the host DVR is). If the permissions had to go through the system, it should have happened by now as it was installed on 12-20 and it is now 12-25.

Oregonian
Premium
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR
Reviews:
·Comcast
I am experiencing the same thing.

Last week I replaced an old SD DVR (Pace) with a new HD DVR (Motorola) and the new DVR still hasn't synced with the online DVR Manager. My other two Motorola DVRs show up OK.

I called Comcast on Friday and they said they would get it resolved in 2 - 3 days and give me a call when they finished.