spc
Search similar:

uniqs
bendover
join:2007-11-23
Glendale Heights, IL

bendover

modem selection / or jump ship and go with comcrap

i have wow because they are cheap. ive had them since they took over the americast system here in glendale heights il. (10 years or so) my internet connection is crappy 50 percent of the time. ive had my drop from the pole replaced 4 times. on the 4th time they ran the line across my yard,and in the spring they buried it. problem is the sub-contractor who came out in the spring without a phone call(and didnt speak english) buried the temporary rg 6 line with 4 butt connector splices.there is 2 splices above ground in the first 20 feet of line from the pole. when my internet is unuseable i call and they send out a guy. all the guys first teat the signal and say its good. they insist on changing the modem(ive had 5 from them and 2 of mine) . i explain that there is splices and they complain about the subs. they go into the yard and change the ends and put in a new butt connector. all is good for about a month or two. then the same crap. i gave up on trying to get them to bury the correct thick line that some of the neighbors have and all seem to say the splices are fine. i also have no outside termination and the temp cable just goes into the house without a ground. (i have it grounded on the first splitter that i had to do myself) .my speeds are good and most ping tests come back good but a few times a day it goes to crap for 10 minuets. youtube wont work, my voip phone craps out and amazon video wont play the kids games lag. then other days its fine for a week . my question is if get a docsis 3 modem will my internet experience improve? i have the 15 1 service but from what i understand the modem i have (docsis 2) uses 1 stream and a docsis 3 uses 2 streams. .

Cheese
Premium Member
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL

Cheese

Premium Member

Why don't you try calling Comcast by the correct name, it makes you look childish
bendover
Glendale Heights, IL

bendover

i had a real bad experience with comcast about 15 years ago, they did a bad install. they missed the stud when installing the line and it ripped off a large section of siding. they refused to pay because it was 30 days past their install day. was about 800 worth of damage.
bendover

bendover

the new docsis 3.0 modem did the trick. i got the motorola sb6580 and its way better. connects with 8 down channels and 2 channels upstream. so far everything is working smooth. seems like a big difference. i am using the on board router as my dhcp server with an 8 port switch. i am running 2 hdhomerun tuners and 1 hdhomerun prime cable card network tuner. accessed by 4 seperate media center computers used as tvs and 1 xbox used with mce extender on 1 tv. i use microsoft mediacenter for my tv and dvr functions. so it is handeling my network traffic as good as if not better then my old dgl4100 router.amazon prime seems to be playing good now with the new modem,

MarkOF
@sbcglobal.net

MarkOF

Anon

do you get the modem from WOW or did you purchase on your own. Has WOW gone from the Arris DG860 to your Motorola sb6580
bendover
Glendale Heights, IL

bendover

i got it at bestbuy for 150.amazon has em for 130 but i couldn't wait. solved my issues as this one connects 8 downstreams and 2 upstreams. instead of 1 and 1.