spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Tommy_Tpa
join:2012-12-25
Tampa, FL

Tommy_Tpa

[TV] HD DVR Problems

Am I the only one here with an HD DVR that has a mind of itself? It's extremely slow to rspond. Often, I get the message "CNBC currently not available. Please try again" or something like that. Sometimes, a show is not recorded. Sometimes, i need to hit the play button to get the TV to actually play, even though I'm in Live TV. Sometimes the screen stays black after going back to live TV and the only way to fix it is to change channels. Sometimes after watching a recorded show, the rewind on the live TV show is gone. Lately, almost every morning the set is tuned to SD channel 9 even though I never watch that channel in SD. Cancelled recordings are still recorded. There's plenty more but I just can't remember all of them.

When calling tech support, all I get is reboot the box or we can exchange it. The reboot sometimes fixes at least the channel not available, but not always. The exchange would be painful with 70+ percent full.

Any suggestions. Thanks.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Let me take a look and see whats going on. Open a direct forums thread and include your IP address so I can look at your equipment.