Search similar:

uniqs
Gerryex
join:2006-05-19
Land O Lakes, FL

Gerryex

On-line DVR control working?

Hi ALL,

Well, good old Vz consolidated many of its various on-line sites into one portal which in theory is a good idea but I'm finding that the on-line control of the DVR is not fully working. Specifically when I tell it to show the listings all I get is the scrolling boxes and the listing never comes up. I've tried it a couple of times but get the same thing. Today I wanted to schedule a recording and again the listing did not come up. So I tried under the DVR Mgr (rather than the Listing Mgr) to schedule a recording and had it search for the show. It did find the overall series but when I asked for details on the specific shows all I got was the scrolling boxes. I'm on Win 7 with IE 9 and before these "improvements" I never had any problems looking at listings or scheduling a recording on-line.

Any one having similar problems?

Gerry
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

I just logged into the "new" My Verizon and accessed the TV listings. I clicked on a future show and it gave me the option to record the show or the series. I also went to the DVR Manager, searched for a show, and was able to select recording it also.
I'm on IE 10/Windows 8 and also checked a machine running IE 8/Windows XP, which pretty much bounds the current Windows operating systems, and both worked fine.
Try clearing your browser cache. You might also try clearing your cookies, etc., although that's a pain when it doesn't solve the issue. Verizon has a history of having cookies problems.

Rattler
join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA

Rattler to Gerryex

to Gerryex
OP:

On the DVR self-diagnostics menu, see if the Remote DVR function passes its test.

On my 6416, it has failed for the past couple of months and I see the same problem as you on the remote DVR pages on V's site.

Sometimes the self-diagnostic shows that either Listener 1 or 2 has started but remote access from the website still doesn't work, nor has it, for me, for quite a while.

I can access my daughter's DVR from the WEB and she has never had any trouble with it. I've had a couple trouble tickets w/ V* and they've tried all sorts of remote resets to no avail. I either get an error message that the site cannot access the DVR or a bad gateway message. This happens with either an XP or W7 machine - IE or Firefox.

I just checked it and I simply get the wait clocks as the site tries to access my DVR.
Gerryex
join:2006-05-19
Land O Lakes, FL

Gerryex to PJL

to PJL
said by PJL:

Try clearing your browser cache. You might also try clearing your cookies, etc., although that's a pain when it doesn't solve the issue. Verizon has a history of having cookies problems.

Hi PJL,

Well, I both cleared the cache and deleted all cookies and still no joy! But again I CAN see recorded and scheduled programs on the DVR so its definitely communicating with the DVR. Its just when I ask for the listings that they never come up.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Gerry
billhere
join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

billhere

My iPod Touch Verizon remote app works fine except that it won't turn the TV on or off. It will mute the sound but it will not change the sound volume up or down.

Not a big deal because we use the remote that Verizon provides almost all the time.

The Verizon app I like is scheduling a recording at home when you are away and come across a program you'd like to save.