Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Ugly
Fishy Cool Bird

join:2001-12-12
The Meadow
reply to Ugly

Re: [MacBook Pro 13"] Can it drive the big HD TV monitor?

I really have no idea how to compare the two video cards (Intel HD Graphics 4000 vs. NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M).

Are there some measurements? ~ Someone mentioned pixels.

How many pixels for each please?

This is very confusing! ~ Argh
--
Oh, I love the smell of fish. Guts, rotten, it's all good.

not

@comcast.net
said by Ugly:

I really have no idea how to compare the two video cards (Intel HD Graphics 4000 vs. NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M).

Are there some measurements? ~ Someone mentioned pixels.

How many pixels for each please?

This is very confusing! ~ Argh

It's not a matter of pixels, it's a matter of computations per second and memory bandwidth. For what you're wanting to do, you don't need to worry about this. If you were playing heavy graphics based games, you'd want a laptop with a dedicated video card chipset as opposed to an integrated one. (i.e. the 15" MacBook Pro vs the 13" one.) Even then, it wouldn't be a matter of it you could play it on the big screen or just the laptop screen itself. That's not a limiting factor (i.e. output of the signal to different screen sizes based on physical size). The limiting factor is how quickly it can render the required frame to form an animation at fast enough frame rates so that whatever is displayed doesn't seem choppy.

Just hook up your laptop to your TV and be done with it already. It'll work just fine for what you want to do. Also, there's no TV in the consumer market at the moment that has a greater resolution than 1080. The integrated Intel video card in the 13" can drive that resolution without any issues.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Ugly
The 650M is significantly faster.

»www.videocardbenchmark.net/video···+HD+4000
--
In a nation of spoiled children, Santa Claus always wins.

Ugly
Fishy Cool Bird

The Meadow
said by skeechan:

The 650M is significantly faster.

»www.videocardbenchmark.net/video···+HD+4000

The unit of measure is unclear.

0.486 vs. 1.2 This makes little sense as a numeric comparison w/o a benchmark.

Is the difference really a multiple of 2 & 1/2 (x2.5) times?
--

Ctrl Alt Del
Premium
join:2002-02-18
kudos:1
Ugly See Profile, there are only two big areas where you care about the graphics card: fullscreen games and photo/video editing. If you play Team Fortress 2 or Deus Ex or use Final Cut or Avid, then you will want a more powerful graphics card. Otherwise the Intel graphics card will drive multiple displays, play HD video, and run everything just fine for your usage.
--
less talk, more music

Ugly
Fishy Cool Bird

The Meadow
said by Ctrl Alt Del:

Ugly See Profile, there are only two big areas where you care about the graphics card: fullscreen games and photo/video editing. If you play Team Fortress 2 or Deus Ex or use Final Cut or Avid, then you will want a more powerful graphics card. Otherwise the Intel graphics card will drive multiple displays, play HD video, and run everything just fine for your usage.

I NEVER play video games. I remember that my last time in the arcade there was a black n white game called 'Asteroids.'

Now the arcade is closed and I just never cared again.

And I do not do photo or video editing either.

So the video card makes little difference, except for the price
--