Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV

Hank to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious

Re: [FiOS] Price cannot be divulged in writing!

Maybe but doubtful. My sister lives in Tigard and she has FiOS, she has similar to complaints to what I read from others in her area.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

said by Hank:

Maybe but doubtful. My sister lives in Tigard and she has FiOS, she has similar to complaints to what I read from others in her area.

I have had nearly zero issues with them. The biggest issues was about 3-5 days of bad routing when the final switchover from Verizon occurred; otherwise, rock solid on my 25/15 (which is actually 25/25) connection.

Is your sister going to switch to Comcast if she's unhappy with FiOS? Or is what she has "good enough" after all?

P.S. and remember that generally people only post their issues in forums like these, and rarely when they're happy with their service. If FiOS was all that bad, we'd be hearing about it A LOT more

Hank
Premium Member
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B
Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2

Hank

Premium Member

I have not discussed what her intentions are. That is her decision.

It is refreshing to see someone that is happy with their service. Particularly when it is 25/15.

I live in an area where Frontier is a monopoly and the service is substandard even for the 1.5Mbps 160 Kbps service. I say that while I set here watching my second line continuously go up and down, and the outstanding telephone service which cuts in and out. Oh, I shouldn't forget this is after they fixed all our problems here in our area. So I guess that because I have these issues and am do not get what I pay for I am just being a complainer. Did I mention the mis-routed 911 service? These are the things that happen when you have no competition.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

said by Hank:

So I guess that because I have these issues and am do not get what I pay for I am just being a complainer.

I don't recall labeling you as anything.

My comment "and remember that generally people only post their issues in forums like these, and rarely when they're happy with their service. If FiOS was all that bad, we'd be hearing about it A LOT more."

Was in response to this comment: "she has similar to complaints to what I read from others in her area."

There was no judgement in my statement, just a general observation about how "troubleshooting forums" such as this one typically operate. And since you don't have FiOS I could hardly be talking about you at all, could I? So why so defensive in your response to my post?

Hank
Premium Member
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B
Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2

1 edit

Hank

Premium Member

I didn't say you did. I was simply pointing out the differences in our area and how an organization, such a Frontier, operates when they are a monopoly. The thread was not about troubleshooting it was about how Frontier refuses to provide their verbal quotes in writing which is not unique to "FIOS" customers.