said by rocca:Again with the trolling thingy? All I wanted was blunt and straight forward...and kudos, you did that. said by Who:
Welcome to the bright light of the internet
Thanks. I've been around a while though.
I doubt you'll find any CEO more transparent than I am, answering every question in every forum as I did again here. I understand you don't like the answer but I certainly haven't "bafflegagged", "sidestepped" nor "evaded" the question as you have stated several times now.
Here's the point form version:
- our current log retention is 1 year
- we have committed to shortening that period
- we like all ISP's will have an obligation for notice and notice for copyright claims
- the implementation details of that law is currently being worked on
- it would be premature to speculate on what the minimum retention period will be
- the idea of no logs would not enable compliance with the law
- log retention is required for other valid things
- we have not once provided subscriber information to copyright holders
- we are reviewing the current situation and as soon as possible will make our changes public
...not sure what more I can say.
Trying to pin me to "show me the exact text for retention" is trolling. Obviously it isn't defined yet, however it would be impossible to comply with the intent of the law with zero day logging so I'm providing a realistic perspective. If you want me to provide false promises in an attempt to placate you, sorry, that's not my bag.
said by Who:
a Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Thank you, hope you had a nice day.