uniqs
share rss forum feed

ztmike
Mark for moderation
Premium
join:2001-08-02
Michigan City, IN

[T-Mobile] T-Mobile prepaid plan and Vonage app for Android

So I recently got my Nexus 4 and switched to T-Mobiles $30/month prepaid plan that offers 100 anytime minutes 5GB/month of 4G speeds throttled after that but unlimited and unlimited texts.

Ok my question is I just came across the Android Vonage app and to my understanding you get 3,000 anytime minutes for U.S national calling per month but only if YOU call out and not accept incoming calls. And it uses your T-Mobile number.

Just wondering if anyone uses this app like I am and if that's really how it works? I just want to use it when I'm on WiFi.

RiseAbove
Premium
join:2004-01-30
Yes you can use the Vonage mobile app to make wifi VOIP calls. You could also go to google.com/voice and sign up for a google voice number and use the Talkatone app from the app store and make VOIP calls.

Phoneman63

join:2001-02-22
Hauppauge, NY
reply to ztmike
Hi,

Does the other person u call/text have to have the app also to not get charged for it?
--
"Leave the gun, take the cannoli"

ztmike
Mark for moderation
Premium
join:2001-08-02
Michigan City, IN
said by Phoneman63:

Hi,

Does the other person u call/text have to have the app also to not get charged for it?

From my understanding if the other person has the Vonage app then calls/texts are free for both users. Otherwise to get free outgoing calls you can use the Vonage app for 3,000 anytime minutes in the U.S a month. If you get an incoming call from a non Vonage app user then it will cost you your plans minutes..

Phoneman63

join:2001-02-22
Hauppauge, NY
Thanks Z,

I will have to install it and play around with it. I to want to use it only on wifi.
--
"Leave the gun, take the cannoli"

RiseAbove
Premium
join:2004-01-30
reply to ztmike
said by ztmike:

So I recently got my Nexus 4 and switched to T-Mobiles $30/month prepaid plan that offers 100 anytime minutes 5GB/month of 4G speeds throttled after that but unlimited and unlimited texts.

Ok my question is I just came across the Android Vonage app and to my understanding you get 3,000 anytime minutes for U.S national calling per month but only if YOU call out and not accept incoming calls. And it uses your T-Mobile number.

Just wondering if anyone uses this app like I am and if that's really how it works? I just want to use it when I'm on WiFi.

If you go the google voice route you can send text messages for free and receive them from anybody at no cost. You don't have to worry about someone having that app or not.

hardly
Premium
join:2004-02-10
USA
said by RiseAbove:

If you go the google voice route you can send text messages for free and receive them from anybody at no cost. You don't have to worry about someone having that app or not.

The plan the OP has includes unlimited text messages.