dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
UverseTech2
join:2012-08-04

UverseTech2 to StaffyDaddy

to StaffyDaddy

Re: Recurring U-verse problems, stay or bail?

You should bail as fast as you can.

The Motorola DVRs are junk even when brand new, nothing like the Cisco dvrs, and you will be receiving a lot of replacements in the future. Apparently the Motorola folks give better kickbacks to the buyers, that's the only reason to put up with this level of crap.

Internet speeds not much better than dialup when comparing to cable, and you get to pay more for this.

Main connection boxes (Crossbox) are so disorganized, in all cities, it's one of the biggest causes for problems and interference. When your service goes down after no issues, this is usually another tech at the crossbox guessing which port to use.

Uverse could be a great service, but due to the management's desire for a bigger bonus, they send out techs that are nowhere near qualified, rush them, then discipline them, calling it "Positive Discipline", all because they could not complete the install or repair in the computer generated amount of time allotted.

It all comes down to poor management and the incentives ($$$$$) they are given to make their bosses look better, not about the service. The service oriented managers do not last or they just transfer to another department because greed flows uphill.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by UverseTech2:

When your service goes down after no issues, this is usually another tech at the crossbox guessing which port to use.

SAI is passive? What "ports" are there?
UverseTech2
join:2012-08-04

UverseTech2

A lot of techs will remove jumpers from active customers and test. I would use a port near my initial assigned to do a reverse loop length test to see how far the customer really is. Orders were not always accurate, especially in new service areas.

Some techs were just plain lost and fumbling too much knocking customers out of service accidentally, or they just plain stole that clean F2 already in use and used it as their own knowing it was already in service. This was the most common due to the lack of time given for repairs, 69 min, really. In Houston this was the fix for a lot of techs, I saw it first hand.