Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to cymraeg

Premium Member

to cymraeg

Re: [Classes] 5.0.4 Healing Priest

Disc: The change to SS is a huge nerf, it's just not really an unfair one. I dislike the change to glyph of HF. Now I will have to compare PW:Solace to Mindbender directly (where before I didn't need to). PW:Solace will most likely become the defacto choice for smite healers. It's a shame to lose the extra rapture benefit I got from Darkglow procs.

HolyDPS: I now prefer HolyDPS build for dailies. You want to know what is ridiculous? Opening up at 76k+ dps on trash pulls with nothing more than Divine Star and MindSear, lol. On really short fights stuff would die with my dmg done being higher than my wife's hunter (only if stampede was on CD).

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year, Priests!
Immer

Immer

Premium Member

I did an LFR as Holy DPS and fared passably well. While I was in the bottom of the dps meters (competing with a warlock and a retadin for the penultimate spot), I was also hanging with the sixth healer on healing done. So, 35k dps and 18k hps being provided by the same person is little different from a disc healer just doing his thing. However, my mana was near infinite. To make a go of actual dps I could reforge out of a great deal of SPR into HASTE to crank out some better numbers.

Ultimately, though... if you are a healer at heart, you'll find yourself bored with this about 4 minutes into every boss fight. It's a novelty... a nice diversion... and a GREAT way to knock out dailies... but rather boring in a raid. I'd rather just heal and do some dmg on the side, than vice versa... but for you shadow priests out there that want a way to contribute some healing CDs to a fight... going holy dps build might be the answer for you.

Braincramp2
join:2011-05-16
Beaverton, OR

Braincramp2

said by Immer:

but for you shadow priests out there that want a way to contribute some healing CDs to a fight... going holy dps build might be the answer for you.

I may try that one of these days but I am rather comfortable with my 55-60k DPS and 8-10k HPS as shadow

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

absolutely. SP already puts out some healing. But if the raid could use a Divine Hymn, Lightwell/Lightspring, or Guardian spirit, holy dps might prevent benching someone or calling the raid.

Braincramp2
join:2011-05-16
Beaverton, OR

Braincramp2

Noted... good thing I have a holy spec I guess