spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MyFax

@frontiernet.net

Cancel - Be careful

I would not recommend MyFax. I signed up for the trial. Before the 30 days were over I went online to cancel and you can only do per the chat (this is per the MyFax FAQ section). The chat was not working so I emailed both the support and sales email accounts I found on the website. I forgot to follow up and never got a response. I remembered when I was going through my credit card and found the monthly charge. So I got online and started a MyFax chat. First MyFax tried to offer me a different plan but I was in no mood. MyFax cancelled my service but didn't refund the 2 months of $10. I was told you can contact billing 24/7 but the FAQ section says nothing about the billing contact info. SO be careful - cancelling is a pain and confirm you followed through or your trial will cost you. Reason I did not keep - I through MyFax was slow. I will never recommend MyFax because of my customer experience with their chat.

Dan_voip

join:2007-01-03
Saint-Hubert, QC
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

quote:
Either you or j2 Global may terminate your Service at any time, with or without cause, upon notice. In order to provide notice to j2 Global, MyFax customers must call customer service or chat live with a support representative at »www.myfax.com/support/. A customer service representative will assist you with canceling your account in accordance with j2 Global's verification.

I'm not their customer but I don't think your comment was fair since you didn't try to call them. You knew the email is not a way to cancel the service you should have tried to contact them at least the next business day.
said by MyFax :
I forgot to follow up and never got a response.

I'm sorry you had to pay for 2 months and not even use the service but you can't blame them, they did it by the book.

lifespeed

join:2009-09-08

said by Dan_voip:

I'm not their customer but I don't think your comment was fair since you didn't try to call them. You knew the email is not a way to cancel the service you should have tried to contact them at least the next business day.

I'm sorry you had to pay for 2 months and not even use the service but you can't blame them, they did it by the book.

Actually, it does sound like he can blame them as they did not respond to his request for cancellation through their recommended channel - "live chat"

It sounds like the typical "free trial" scam where they make it near-impossible to cancel.

The lesson from all this is just don't sign up for "free" trials that ask for your credit card, or this is likely the end result.

PX Eliezer7
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms

1 edit

1 recommendation

MyFax used to be a good service.

But they were bought by a company called J2.

More here:
»Online faxing: After the Last Elf is Dead.....

In the town of Acme Falls within the kingdom of Warnerstock, all the Animaniacs characters live happily together. However, upon the death of the king, Sir William the Good, Warnerstock enters a state of civil war.

Taking advantage of the situation, the neighboring kingdom of Ticktockia (a parody of Time Inc., at the time of its merger with Warner Communications), led by King Salazar the Pushy, takes over Warnerstock, and makes all its people poor and miserable due to overtaxing....

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wakko%27s_Wish

Dan_voip

join:2007-01-03
Saint-Hubert, QC
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to lifespeed

said by lifespeed:

said by Dan_voip:

Actually, it does sound like he can blame them as they did not respond to his request for cancellation through their recommended channel - "live chat"

He did not contact them by chat at the moment he wanted to cancel because the chat was not available.
He did not try to call them because he didn't know they are 24x7, he just sent an email.
When he chat with them 2 mounts later they did cancel the account.