BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

4 edits

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

A fun forums change for 2013 - Be a Community Star!

Starting in just a few days (January 1st, 2013) I'll be looking for those community members who...

- Regularly participate in the forums and are eager to help others and share their technical experience and who offer consistently timely, accurate and sound advice

- Share the best solutions to customer resolvable technical or service problems with one of our friends

- Share great tech tips, workarounds or methods to get the most out of your Bright House Networks services and/or equipment

- Post high quality community FAQs that benefits our community friends

Community members who consistently demonstrate the above characteristics will be recognized in our online community for their efforts.

To help you identify those tips, tricks, posts and other things that meet this criteria look for my approval flag of the post.

So here's your chance to stand out in our community and help our mutual community friends with their Bright House Networks related user resolvable concerns and also build solid online relationships here at Broadbandreports.com.

There is one catch.... you must be a registered member here at Broadbandreports as members will be tracked via their registered user ID's.

anonydad
@bhn.net

anonydad

Anon

Re: A fun forums change for 2013

said by BHNtechXpert:

Starting in just a few days (January 1st, 2013) I'll be looking for those community members who...

- Regularly participate in the forums and are eager to help others and share their technical experience and who offer consistently timely, accurate and sound advice.

- Share the best solution to a customer resolvable technical or service problem with one of our friends

- Share a great tech tip, workaround or method to get the most out of your Bright House Networks services and/or equipment

- Post a high quality community FAQ that benefits our community friends

Community members who consistently demonstrate the above characteristics will be recognized in our online community for their efforts.

To help you identify those tips, tricks, posts and other things that meet this criteria look for my approval flag of the post.

So here's your chance to stand out in our community and help our mutual community friends with their Bright House Networks related user resolvable concerns and also build solid online relationships here at Broadbandreports.com.

That is going to be hard to find.

1. The community can no longer help with issues because they get an almost instant response telling them to go to the private forum.

2. You criticize and dismiss every tip, idea, and solution that is posted by anyone else than yourself.

Just keep doing what you are doing, is easier than having to deal with any other ideas you have.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

2 edits

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by anonydad :

said by BHNtechXpert:

- Regularly participate in the forums and are eager to help others and share their technical experience and who offer consistently timely, accurate and sound advice.

- Share the best solution to a customer resolvable technical or service problem with one of our friends

- Share a great tech tip, workaround or method to get the most out of your Bright House Networks services and/or equipment

- Post a high quality community FAQ that benefits our community friends

That is going to be hard to find.

1. The community can no longer help with issues because they get an almost instant response telling them to go to the private forum.

2. You criticize and dismiss every tip, idea, and solution that is posted by anyone else than yourself.

Just keep doing what you are doing, is easier than having to deal with any other ideas you have.

1. The reality is that a significant number of things posted are not customer resovable or require review of customer equipment or account data and therefore will be directed to the direct forums for a resolution. Community members should not have to wait hours or days for a response to their concerns so customer resolvable threads that remain unanswered for a period of time will get an answer from me. None of this is going to change.

2. Thats a pretty harsh statement coming from an anon poster who has never posted here or made the effort to participate in our forums previously. There is a difference between good advice and bad advice the later of which will not go unchecked as it serves the poster with the question and the community at large no good. We want the forums to be a positive place full of good and sound advice that folks can utilize not a place full of the usual broadband and cable "urban legends" and nonsense that pollutes the web.

Anyway thank you for your opinion and based on your post I take it we won't be expecting your contributions to the forums. Have an awesome 2013.

Guide_Tim
join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA

Guide_Tim to anonydad

to anonydad
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of bed this morning
I for one love to help and give advice especially on the internet related issues. I see others participating and helping other members in the BHN community a positive thing and I offer 100% of my support

samw
Are you sure? If not check again
Premium Member
join:2009-11-23
Lakeland, FL

samw to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert

Re: A fun forums change for 2013 - Be a Community Star!

It would be a great opportunity to help out especially working for a supermarket data center and providing sensible, simple, and helpful support. The more you know the more you grow and in turn able to support others.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by samw:

It would be a great opportunity to help out especially working for a supermarket data center and providing sensible, simple, and helpful support. The more you know the more you grow and in turn able to support others.

:)

Some problems take more than one mind to solve...especially pesky networking and pc/software issues. While I try to be on top of everything its impossible to know all. Besides I think you guys really want to help each other and this is a way to recognize those who really put forth the effort here.

samw
Premium Member
Lakeland, FL

samw

Premium Member

Well I support about 20000 store, office, and warehouse computers as well as other data technologies such as ISDN, T1, T3, DS3, OC12, OC48 SONET and soon 10GIG connections so it would be a pleasure to help where I can. Have been and continue to be a BH subscriber and fan for many years.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Yea Sammy I think you would be a good candidate
Expand your moderator at work
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Reminder

samw
Premium Member
Lakeland, FL

samw

Premium Member

I reminded me
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

lol

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer to anonydad

Premium Member

to anonydad

Re: A fun forums change for 2013

said by anonydad :

I'm not a big fan of the direct forums either, but they are necessary to prevent account information from being spread across the Internet. I use them because it is a lot easier than spending hours on the phone. I've seen posts where there was community help with little to no BHN intervention.
said by anonydad :

Not necessarily. I've seen (and posted) tips/tricks/fixes that were not shot down.

I'm not a big fan of the direct forums either, but they are necessary to prevent account information from being spread across the Internet. I use them because it is a lot easier than spending hours on the phone.

samw
Premium Member
Lakeland, FL

samw

Premium Member

Just to ask, is there a reason why maybe you are not a big fan? Is there maybe some improvements that BHN can improve, do more, do less, or anything to make you become a fan? Just curious.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert

I believe this is a great idea and would be happy to help out any way that I can.

bigdaddy
join:2009-11-18

bigdaddy to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Count me in too.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by bigdaddy:

Count me in too.

I was hoping you would say that...

bigdaddy

bigdaddy

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by bigdaddy:

Count me in too.

lol
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by bigdaddy:

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by bigdaddy:

Count me in too.

lol

Now show Mr. IT man....let's see what you're made of

bigdaddy

bigdaddy

said by BHNtechXpert:

Mr. IT Man is Coming Soon to a Data Center near you. lol
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by bigdaddy:

said by BHNtechXpert:

Mr. IT Man is Coming Soon to a Data Center near you. lol

Be afraid...very very afraid...
Keiro
join:2005-10-25
Birmingham, AL

Keiro to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Joining in on the chorus here.

I'll offer what help I can myself.

... Though I've yet to figure out how to get my notification preferences to permanently stick to Email... :|
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by Keiro:

... Though I've yet to figure out how to get my notification preferences to permanently stick to Email... :|

And you did great today Your first approval on your wireless explanation...good job!
Keiro
Birmingham, AL

Keiro

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by Keiro:

And you did great today Your first approval on your wireless explanation...good job!

Thanks! I totally forgot about interference from the microwave and phones... hah. But I thought I covered it pretty well.

Also, figured out how to get it to stick to e-mail preferences... so much appreciated on the approval.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Please congratulate Keiro and Tim34CA as our February 2013 Community Stars.

Tim34CA can always be counted on to get folks to the right forums section so they get help fast and his friendly and constant desire to be helpful is much appreciated!

Keiro consistently delivered the most technically relevant and correct answers to other member questions in February. His willingness to help and technical expertise is much appreciated.

To both of you... thank you for helping make our community strong, friendly and a wealth of reliable information for our mutual friends. I'll be in touch with you over the weekend.
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

March was an odd month with lite posting and opportunities to help so I'm looking to April for finding those Community Stars!

Guide_Tim
join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA

Guide_Tim

I agree March did not see many new posts on here. Maybe it will pickup some this month
Keiro
Birmingham, AL

Keiro

said by Guide_Tim:

I agree March did not see many new posts on here. Maybe it will pickup some this month

I noticed much the same. "... Huh, the Internet Gods must be happy with us." was my thought.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

I agree while I love to work with you guys much of what I do is service related and the less of that the better..it means we're doing a great job. Thats okay with me...because then I can focus on some exciting things that I will probably post the invite to shortly and also work with folks on pet projects like home networking tips/tricks etc.
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

We have a new Bright House Community Star for the month of April who will be announced shortly.