spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

RalphT

@virginmedia.com

[Tech] La Crosse WS 1600

The TX 22 transmitter has failed. I've replaced the batteries in both units in the recommended sequence.

A signal comes up but only lasts for about 10 seconds and then it is blank apart from the barometric pressure.

Do I need to replace the TX 22?

screavan

join:2012-11-27
Pearcy, AR

I would recommend it, I had a similar issue with a different brand. Turns out after opening up the entire housing wasn't tightly sealed and the water / moisture built up inside and caused a corrosive issue blowing out some circuitry. More trouble than it's worth to try to fix them sometimes.

Trihexagonal

join:2004-08-29
US
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·AT&T Midwest

I've got a La Crosse Atomic Clock with the TX37U-IT outside sensor for temperature. The manual stated not to position it where it would get wet and the only place outside my apartment I could mount it was between the screen and window so I put it inside a freezer zip-lock bag.

I was apprehensive that condensation would form inside the bag and short it out but it's still going after 4 months and I haven't had to change the batteries yet. It has a readout for inside temp and humidity, moon phase, etc and is really nice.

»www.lacrossetechnology.com/8117o···ndex.php