join:2007-02-03
Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·T-Mobile US
·Sprint Mobile Br..

Does anyone know what happened here??

Click for full size
Nokia Lumia 710, T-Mobile. Sticks on Acquiring, Doesn't change from this.
Click for full size
Galaxy S3, Sprint. Goes to limited connectivity immediately
I use my cell internet tethered via wi-fi when i'm on the road and haven't had this issue before. Also I am currently on the same laptop on a home wi-fi connection. I have restarted both phones and the laptop about 5 times each and get the same result. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this or what steps I should take to fix this issue.. Description under pictures. Thanks in advance.

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

Go to Start -->? Run --> CMD --> Type in: ipconfig /all

I will bet the IP address is a default IP and not a IP that is on the network. Not sure how you get IP addresses but either something on the PC is preventing from getting an IP (bad WEP/WPA password/bad hardware or something like that - maybe OS related) or the device giving out the IPs is not communicating with the other devices.

Not sure how to troubleshoot the cell connection to know if that is the issue or something after the phone.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

bobjohnson
Premium
Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·T-Mobile US
·Sprint Mobile Br..

1 edit

Click for full size
Everything is set to DHCP and everything I use is automatic because I use this computer on alot of different wi-fi networks for the job... It all of a sudden started doing this... As you see it's currently connected? Apparently something is broke...

Edit: Device Manager doesn't show anything wrong with anything, and the LAN connection works... When I re-enable the wireless it connects fine to the home network but still won't connect to either of the phones...

bobjohnson
Premium
Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·T-Mobile US
·Sprint Mobile Br..

Click for full size
The home connection and then the Nokia still spinning it's wheels...
Click for full size
S3 still gives me limited connection error and this ip and such
Actually googled this ipconfig issue and this is a known thinkpad issue for the power save shutting off the LAN adapter and not responding to the ipconfig...etc. Anyways, they both connect to my friends laptop but this is what I get on this one...

SipSizzurp
Fo' Shizzle
Premium
join:2005-12-28
Houston, TX
kudos:4
reply to bobjohnson

said by bobjohnson:

I use my cell internet tethered via wi-fi ....on the same laptop on a home wi-fi connection. I have restarted both phones and the laptop about 5 times...

Of the Nokia and the Galaxy, which is the phone and which is the laptop ?

If the Nokia is the phone why would you be using it to connect to the "Nokia" Wi-Fi signal as shown in the screen shot ? If it is a cell phone that is obtaining service from the cellular network then you would not want to also connect it to it's own Wi-Fi signal, or it will FU%#C*K@! it all up.

bobjohnson
Premium
Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·T-Mobile US
·Sprint Mobile Br..

said by SipSizzurp:

said by bobjohnson:

I use my cell internet tethered via wi-fi ....on the same laptop on a home wi-fi connection. I have restarted both phones and the laptop about 5 times...

Of the Nokia and the Galaxy, which is the phone and which is the laptop ?

If the Nokia is the phone why would you be using it to connect to the "Nokia" Wi-Fi signal as shown in the screen shot ? If it is a cell phone that is obtaining service from the cellular network then you would not want to also connect it to it's own Wi-Fi signal, or it will FU%#C*K@! it all up.

Lol. All screenshots are from the laptop that I'm attempting to connect to the internet with. I have a business phone (Nokia Lumia) and a personal phone (S3). Never have attempted to connect the phones to each other.
--

SipSizzurp
Fo' Shizzle
Premium
join:2005-12-28
Houston, TX
kudos:4

Can you get service from the phones' wifi using devices other than the think pad ? Can the think pad get wireless or wired service from something other than the phones ?

Virus infections are notorious for messing up IP configurations. If it is a virus then the wired connection would also likely be hosed.