dslx_nick
ISP Employee
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick to rollobancher

ISP Employee

to rollobancher

Re: [DSL] Help - Line only syncing at ~900kbps

According to what I'm seeing on my end, it looks like it might be a simple factor of physical distance; you're quite a bit away from your Central Office, and there isn't any Remote Terminal that's closer, either. I do see that we've opened up a ticket for you already; we'll most likely need to send out a field tech to check the physical lines.

As you seem to be getting somewhat better readings out at the phone box outside, please double-check that all of your phones, answering machines, fax machines, etc. all have DSL filters on them, to make sure they're not interfering with the signal.
rollobancher
join:2003-04-11
Salinas, CA

rollobancher

Hello dslx_nick,

Thank you for the reply. An ATT tech came out this morning and tested the lines and checked something out at the node. All I know is that when he came back he said my lines were able to sync at 1.9Mbps download at the *most*. My line is now getting the full speeds as of this morning, which is great (tested on speedtest.net)

I will report back in a couple days if anything changes on my end. Thanks for the help.