Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

Nice Pricing.

or streaming & four physical DVD rentals for $8 a month.

I've always liked their Bluray selection at the boxes themselves so being to stream and pick up a disc or four a month for a flat fee is definitely tempting!
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

elefante72

join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

1 recommendation

For now. Remember the old Blockbuster bait and switch. It will happen. I hear bluray will be a $1/day upgrade and it is not flat price. The "token" is only good for a one-day rental, I also hear.

No final clarification, but I'm assuming after the 1 day you have to pay the regular overage fee, and can't use the rental tokens to absorb the overages, it's just for the first day for the 4 rentals only and SD DVD.

So say you rent "Home Alone SD DVD" (Joking) 1st day uses up 1 of the 4 rental tokens. You return it day two, you have to fork over $1.20+tax. Still not obnoxious like blockbuster.

If you want to watch "Home alone Bluray" that is where it gets a little murky, but guess: $1 day 1 + $1.50 for day 2 (plus you get a token used).

Token value (day 1):

So rentals for DVD ~ $1.20
Rentals for blu-ray ~$0.50

Now if they allow you to use these 4 rentals (highly doubt it) for 4 days and not 4 rentals then this is potentially more valuable.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
said by elefante72:

1st day uses up 1 of the 4 rental tokens. You return it day two, you have to fork over $1.20+tax. Still not obnoxious like blockbuster.

I believe that as long as you return by 9p the next day, you're still on "day one", not "day two".

Per their site:

quote:
How long is the rental period?

Your rental period ends at 9:00 p.m. the day after you rent.
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬