alarson83
join:2007-01-06
West Des Moines, IA

alarson83 to drslash

to drslash

Re: [IA] Ultra 50 modem type?

said by drslash:

said by Anonymous88:

If you want a specific modem you are free to buy one. Techs use what they get from warehouse. Notes about your requests make no difference...

That's a typical Mediacom response to disregard a customer request.

Yup, its always funny to see Anonymous's responses, and compare to the type of response you get from the mediacomchad account. Mediacomchad= what mediacom support should be, anonymous=what most people experience with mediacom.

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88

Premium Member

Hmm hate to burst your bubble but what MediacomChad does is not common practice. They do a great job but their primary purpose is PR IMHO. I have seen calls escalated all the way up and a brand new DCT is reserved for a specific customer. Mediacom has never taken requests for specific DCTs and probably never will.

In fact they are in the process of shutting down local warehouse in Des Moines so we will no longer be able to TRY to get equipment any day of the week.
alarson83
join:2007-01-06
West Des Moines, IA

alarson83

said by Anonymous88:

Hmm hate to burst your bubble but what MediacomChad does is not common practice.

And that is the problem.

IowaMan
Premium Member
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA

IowaMan to Anonymous88

Premium Member

to Anonymous88
That is what BAINCH used to do as well. Was jump through the BS and provide customer service (He'd send a note to the proper dept and get the issue resolved I know because before MediacomChad was here I used to go to him for support)

Also, If you shut down the Des Moines warehouse where are you getting equipment from direct from Motorola? Or Arris now I guess?

Anonymous88
Premium Member
IA

Anonymous88

Premium Member

No we have lockers but we used to have actual warehouse employees on site to get equipment. Now we get it in a locker and if there is something I need and I don't have it I have to ask around to see if another tech has a spare one.
kb0nly
join:2003-07-25
Tyler, MN

kb0nly to Anonymous88

to Anonymous88
Thats too bad, as he is the only one making your company look good on this site.

Anonymous88
Premium Member
IA

Anonymous88

Premium Member

I wish Mediacom CS could compare to the Mediacom tech dept active on this site and several others. I really do. I was just pointing out what people should expect if they go the usual route. Mediacom was never known for stellar customer service.

Also to be fair once a company starts leasing equipment they really can't guarantee you will get new hardware.