Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Seawinds

@bhn.net

1 edit

[TV] Movies on Demand Not Accessible & HD Channels Pixelating

For a month now, I cannot access pay-per-view movies. I select it, it starts to initiate and say sorry, inaccessible, error code 105 (note: I have not exceeded my credit limit). All my HD channels pixelate so badly they are unwatchable. I have had two technicians come out and had my cable box changed. Both technicians have told me this is a current, common problem for Manatee, Pinellas and Hillsborough counties, but Bright House won't acknowledge it. My IP address is (removed). Thank you.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:161

Re: [TV] Movies on Demand Not Accessible & HD Channels Pixelatin

Seawinds please take your IP address out...I have it now... and I don't know what technicians told you that or why...but it is not correct. Open a direct forums thread please here »Bright House Networks Direct

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Seawinds
I have what I need no need to go that route...I will be calling you after 3:30pm today to get this resolved.

Seawinds

@bhn.net
Saw your cable guy last week. Gave me the same story as the contractors. Hub 11 has an issue. Everything worked well for a week. Now I can't get channel 90 and 358. Got MOD once last week; haven't tried this week.

rbmoving

@bhn.net
Next time you experience the issue, call BHN, Tech Support....ask the Agent to view your levels and most importantly, whether the Box that is affected is showing 2-way Communication or not. I live in Pinellas and have experienced the same issues, in addition, the On-Screen caller ID does not display....when I call, what the BHN agents sees is, no 2 -way Communication....Re-Booting the Box sometimes establishes the 2-way. My Levels are always spot on....so the question has always been, why are the Boxes (I have 3) losing 2-way.......This week we tried to watch Prime Time On-Demand....we got thru it but not without stuttering and pixelation

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Seawinds
said by Seawinds :

Saw your cable guy last week. Gave me the same story as the contractors. Hub 11 has an issue. Everything worked well for a week. Now I can't get channel 90 and 358. Got MOD once last week; haven't tried this week.

Please reopen your direct forums thread and we can revisit this...
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to rbmoving
said by rbmoving :

Next time you experience the issue, call BHN, Tech Support....ask the Agent to view your levels and most importantly, whether the Box that is affected is showing 2-way Communication or not. I live in Pinellas and have experienced the same issues, in addition, the On-Screen caller ID does not display....when I call, what the BHN agents sees is, no 2 -way Communication....Re-Booting the Box sometimes establishes the 2-way. My Levels are always spot on....so the question has always been, why are the Boxes (I have 3) losing 2-way.......This week we tried to watch Prime Time On-Demand....we got thru it but not without stuttering and pixelation

I can fix this...see you on the other side
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

rbmoving

@bhn.net
I don't much like your attitude....this coming from a BHN employee is unacceptable. My response has merit.....and it would be a step in the right direction to see if his problem also is due to intermittently losing 2-way....even if you felt it was off base, at least your response would have been better had you merely explained it that wayas opposed to your "smart A-- reply.....thanks for being professional in your roll as a representative BHN

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by rbmoving :

I don't much like your attitude....this coming from a BHN employee is unacceptable. My response has merit.....and it would be a step in the right direction to see if his problem also is due to intermittently losing 2-way....even if you felt it was off base, at least your response would have been better had you merely explained it that wayas opposed to your "smart A-- reply.....thanks for being professional in your roll as a representative BHN

Rbmoving....the other side is our direct forums...I need to get specific information so I can get the tech out to fix it. How on earth you read a smart a-- reply into that totally escapes me.

On the other hand if you really aren't looking for help and just want to vent thats okay to...I was trying to help you get it fixed.
--

rbmoving

@bhn.net
I apologise....but that Statement can carry a different meaning......and had I realized "see you on the other side" meant the Direct Formun I would not have reacted as I did. I have had 4 techs out over a 3 month spand, I have had inside agents look at my Boxes when my issues occurs and I hear there is no 2 way Communication on all 3 Boxes. The issue corrects for a week or so, then re-occurs. What might be the best action to take.....because today when it happened the BHN agent had me Re-boot all the Boxes and 2 way is working, that when it happens next.....enter a Direct Forum topic...so you see the issue when it is present. Thanks

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Seawinds
The first thing is to get the direct forum thread open...include your IP address so I can pull your equipment and then we keep an eye on it over the next couple of days and catch it in the act of misbehaving and then get it fixed. Pretty painless for you and hopefully will bring you some peace....

You're gonna have to explain the other meaning you described...either I'm just getting old or I've missed out on something
--

Barbara

join:2013-01-04
See post on Direct Forum

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by Barbara:

See post on Direct Forum

Got it and waiting your reply...

Barbara

join:2013-01-04
Hey, it's me, Barbara. It's late Saturday night. We had men on poles for 2 days this week. I just went to channel 348 to catch a movie; ran for 5 minutes and booted me back to the menu. Then I went to 358 to watch a Big Bang and after 5 minutes it booted me off. I'm tired.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Seawinds
I'll take another look and be in touch by phone tomorrow.