uniqs
share rss forum feed

Just Rachel
occasional optimist
Premium
join:2003-07-10

[FireFox] Problems with Video DownloadHelper extension

Hi!

I used this extension for years without an issue. Now, with it installed I am unable to view embedded videos and videos on Youtube. Has anyone else had this experience? I am up to date with both Firefox and the extension.

I tried Google, but, no suggestions that I found helped.

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY
kudos:3

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? I have it installed and can watch videos on YouTube just fine.

Just Rachel
occasional optimist
Premium

Yes. I have reinstalled multiple times. Sorry, I forgot to mention that.

Ian
Premium
join:2002-06-18
ON
reply to Just Rachel

said by Just Rachel:

Hi!

I used this extension for years without an issue. Now, with it installed I am unable to view embedded videos and videos on Youtube. Has anyone else had this experience? I am up to date with both Firefox and the extension.

I tried Google, but, no suggestions that I found helped.

So, to be clear, if you disable this extension, and restart FF, you can watch videos?

What other extensions are you running? I just installed it and tried it, and it worked fine. Are you in the html5 trial?
--
“Any claim that the root of a problem is simple should be treated the same as a claim that the root of a problem is Bigfoot. Simplicity and Bigfoot are found in the real world with about the same frequency.” – David Wong

art22gg
Premium
join:2005-02-16
Courtenay, BC
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Shaw
reply to Just Rachel

said by Just Rachel:

I used this extension for years without an issue. Now, with it installed I am unable to VIEW embedded videos and videos

Yes I am not clear on what exactly you are saying..Do you mean you can,t DL any videos from YT,or they DL okay but you are NOT ABLE to VIEW them...if it is the last scenario that would suggest a problem with your flash player if that is in fact what you are using..

Just Rachel
occasional optimist
Premium
reply to Just Rachel

I'm sorry if I've not been clear. Let me start again.

With the Video DownloadHelper extension installed, I am not able to view any videos online. Therefore, I am not able to download them either. It caused me no problems over the years. I was previously able to watch and then download videos. I am up to date with the extension and Firefox. The extension was not working prior to the last update and continues to not work. I was thinking that perhaps a combination of this extension and another are causing my issues. I was in the HTML5 trial on Youtube and opted out because I thought maybe that was the problem. It was not.

The other extensions I have are:

Adblock Plus
Clear Cache Button
Colorful Tabs
FEBE
Garmin Communicator
Ghostery
GMarks
GoogleEnhancer
Lazarus: Form Recovery
LCD Clock
Mobile Barcoder
NoScript
Password Exporter
PDF Download
PDF Viewer
Personal Menu
Pinterest Right-Click
Pocket
QuickDrag
Roomy Bookmarks Toolbar
Bitly
Smartest Bookmarks Bar
Tab Mix Plus
Thumbnail Zoom
Vacuum Places Improved
WOT

Ian
Premium
join:2002-06-18
ON

Sounds like a flash issue to me then. I recommend completely uninstalling flash and reinstalling.

But again, have you tried disabling or uninstalling the helper application? Can you view them then? Can you view them in Chrome or IE?
--
“Any claim that the root of a problem is simple should be treated the same as a claim that the root of a problem is Bigfoot. Simplicity and Bigfoot are found in the real world with about the same frequency.” – David Wong