spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JH28

@bankofamerica.com

Losing CBS affiliate in Richmond?

if you live in the Richmond viewing area, this showed up on CBS 6 website today.

»wtvr.com/keep-wtvr/

birdfeedr
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI
kudos:9

Standard tactic by now. Happened here in RI with NBC 10 last year. Message crawls along the bottom of the screen, etc.

Why do none of the links on wtvr.com point to the station management and allow viewers to express "don't be so greedy."

It's always the station that wants more. I think VZ is trying to hold the line. Mind you, not out of any real sympathy for their subscribers, but more because too many folks will ask why they're paying more for the same old crap.

Good OTA in my area just takes one capital investment for a good antenna and maybe a rotor. Always an option.

NotTheMama
What Would Earl Do?

join:2012-12-06
reply to JH28

I suppose this issue could--though probably not--knock WTVR "off the fiber" but not "off the air" (and, fortunately, "The South's First Television Station" has a strong signal).
--
"...but ya doesn't hasta call me Johnson!"

stevek1949
We're not in Kansas anymore
Premium
join:2002-11-13
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to JH28

It doesn't matter if it is Verizon, Cox, Comcast, clear channel or pick the cable company of the month. It's going around. Oak Hill Capital is the group in the barrel this month. The viewers are just pawns in this war. It will be the consumers that will pay in the end, no matter who wins, we are the losers.