spc
Search similar:

uniqs

WhyBuy
@comcast.net

WhyBuy

Anon

Why did Cablevision buy them in the 1st place

Why did Cablevision buy them 2 yrs ago if they weren't going to keep them. Was it a buy cheap and sell later when prices are up deal? Or did Cablevision relaize they weren't going to make money on those rural customers?

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

But low(ish) and sell high(er) It's well outside CV's home territory which makes long term expansion or even hold and mange too
expensive. The other all have adjoining property and area management which makes it good for future growth.
Both cash and trades are probably tempting for CV.
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina to WhyBuy

to WhyBuy
It think Tom Rutledge likes them. He doesn't want to live in Montana (or Missouri) but he must see something in those way out west customers! Of course from a Connecticut perspective, I suppose Missouri is also out there.

TSWYO
Premium Member
join:2003-05-03
Cheyenne, WY

1 edit

TSWYO to WhyBuy

Premium Member

to WhyBuy
Bresnan made decent money, I would have to assume Cablevision made decent money as well. When its CenturyLink or some no-name telco as the competition... They charge a premium.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

I see TWC trying to take the systems as TWC has some systems in the Rockies (CO) and Idaho and Washington state. Would seem these would expand their coverage in the Northwest as they did with their purchases of Insight and the KY and TN New Wave systems that were former charter areas that were Time Warner Cable in the 90s-early 2000s.