how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

N7AS

join:2010-05-29
Prescott, AZ

Any FREE MOH via SIP URI?

I have been trying to find a FREE provider of MOH (Music on Hold) that I can access via SIP URI. Does anyone know of a source?

PX Eliezer70
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
said by N7AS:

I have been trying to find a FREE provider of MOH (Music on Hold) that I can access via SIP URI. Does anyone know of a source?

sip:music@iptel.org

or try it as

music@iptel.org

---------------------------------

As listed on »www.iptel.org/service??

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
kudos:2
reply to N7AS
You may try to find something, that you like in SHOUTcast Radio - Listen to Free Online Radio Stations...
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...

PX Eliezer70
Premium
Hutt River
reply to N7AS
Here's another courtesy of the QXIP folks.

Although it may be a little [too] modern!

------------------

sip:9999@qxip.net

or as

9999@qxip.net

N7AS

Prescott, AZ
I can't seem to get any of these working with my Yealink SIP-T28P. I did enable Early Media if that's what I should do.

PX Eliezer70
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
Are you able to make SIP URI calls on your ATA?

Is there something else you need to enable for it?

Might your router be blocking direct SIP URI calls? That's been an issue for me in the past.

-------------------

For testing these out, I called the SIP addresses [music@iptel.org] and [9999@qxip.net] by setting them up as Speed-dial entries on CallCentric. You could do the same on Voip.MS.

OZO
Premium
reply to N7AS
Can you make direct IP call with your phone?
Direct IP call means that your phone connects to remote server directly, not via some proxy SIP provider. Intermediate provider may have some filter rules, making these calls impossible.

I've tested both URI's and they work fine with direct calls from softphone.
--

N7AS

Prescott, AZ
I tried a speed dial and the only one to work was music@iptel.org. When I entered it in my advanced settings > music on hold server, it did not work. I tried enabeling Early Media and also changing the server type from Default to Broadsoft without any luck.

N7AS

Prescott, AZ
I still can't get this to work. I emailed Yealink support and they are clueless.
BTW any more FREE MOH URI's floating around?

N7AS

Prescott, AZ
I did a firmware update yesterday. Got it to work with sip:music@iptel.org but could not with sip:9999@qxip.net. I don't think that one is working. Anyone have any more sip uri's to try?

garys_2k
Premium
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI
Reviews:
·Callcentric
reply to N7AS
This seems like a business opportunity to me. Put a short ad after every song and rake in the revenue. Likely have to be national scale clients (autos, soft drinks). Could offer services with different types of music (CW, pop, alt, etc.) and allow anyone to stream from it.

N7AS

Prescott, AZ
It seems that the only way I can get MOH to work on my phone is with a SIP URI preceded with Sip: such as sip:music@iptel.org. I could not get the other uri to work that was posted above.

Now, if I have a mp3 or wav file on my computer, how would I access it via a sip uri? Any ideas?

N7AS

Prescott, AZ
It seems that now the MOH using sip:music@iptel.org does not work anymore. The other sip uris that were posted never worked. Any ideas?

PX Eliezer70
Premium
Hutt River
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
I just called [music@iptel.org] using a CallCentric speed dial entry, it worked fine.

Same with [9999@qxip.net]

I'm not sure you'd want to use either of the musical selections for your business phone. Maybe you need to get some type of paid MOH.

A_VoIPer

join:2009-11-04
reply to N7AS
said by N7AS:

It seems that the only way I can get MOH to work on my phone is with a SIP URI preceded with Sip: such as sip:music@iptel.org. I could not get the other uri to work that was posted above.

Quite awhile ago, I configured my ATA to work with SIP URIs and I recall needing to make sure it learned (or was configured with) my external Internet IP address for it to work properly with all URIs. Not sure if that's related to your issue, but just thought I'd share that tid-bit needed for it to work with my other NAT settings.

Now, if I have a mp3 or wav file on my computer, how would I access it via a sip uri? Any ideas?

One idea might be to load Asterisk on a spare PC or a VM and combine that with a shoutcast server running on your computer. A quick Google search shows a sample config (from Mark H's forum): »mark.hulber.com/voip/configurati···risk-16/

N7AS

Prescott, AZ
PX Eliezer,

The sip:music@iptel.org used to work ok. I just tried it and the other one and nothing works now. It has to be entered in the phone as a SIP URI.

As far as running an Asterisk server, I really don't want do put Linux on another computer just to get MOH as I am happy with windows. If I could run some kind of streaming audio server on my computer I would be open to suggestions as long as I could access it on my phone using a SIP URI.

OZO
Premium
You can build and run FreeSWITCH on Windows OS (PBX, similar to Asterisk) and get MOH with its script. But it will take your time, require determination and willingness to learn, how to do that, of course...
--

mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA
kudos:4
reply to N7AS
You can do a Google search to find out which sites you wanna stream music to use for your MOH, i.e. radio live stream, etc. Then, let your FS stream music for your MOH using mod_shout. I use shout://scfire-dtc-aa03.stream.aol.com:80/stream/1010. Here is the diff between the FS original vars.xml file and mine to show you how I implement this feature.
--- a/vars.xml        2012-10-08 21:28:10.000000000 -0400
+++ b/vars.xml       2013-01-16 07:15:52.760138715 -0500
@@ -26,7 +26,7 @@
   -->
   <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="domain=$${local_ip_v4}"/>
   <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="domain_name=$${domain}"/>
-  <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="hold_music=local_stream://moh"/>
+  <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="hold_music=shout://scfire-dtc-aa03.stream.aol.com:80/stream/1010"/
>
   <X-PRE-PROCESS cmd="set" data="use_profile=internal"/>

<!--

--
don't and stop are the ONLY two 4-letter words considered offensive to men, but not when used together.

QBZappy

join:2012-05-10
reply to N7AS
N7AS,

said by N7AS:

If I could run some kind of streaming audio server on my computer I would be open to suggestions as long as I could access it on my phone using a SIP URI.

This would probably work.

»www.homer-conferencing.com/en/index.html
Homer Conferencing (short: Homer) is a free SIP softphone with advanced audio and video support. The software is available for Windows, Linux and OS X. Homer was originally developed as tool for video conferences. Over the years the functions were extended for additional application areas. Therefore, the basic functions can be separated into the following 4 areas: video conferencing, streaming, recording, screencasting.

N7AS

Prescott, AZ
I just read your post on the OBI forum, so I downloaded the app. I have an .mp3 of what I want for my MOH complete with voiceovers once in a while through the file.
I need some help to set this up so I could use this with my Yealink as I have to enter a sip uri for the MOH server field.