spc
uniqs
Jim_in_VA (banned)
join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned) to mardunba

to mardunba

Re: Debugging slow speed

they should both be able to co-exist, selecting one or the other. Perhaps a total reboot is needed.
mardunba
join:2002-01-05
Taylorsville, NC

mardunba

Okay, the PC is an old one and it started failing to boot properly after the install of VZ Access. Nothing to do with VZ, just old PC. Put in a new motherboard battery, reset the BIOS, wiped the disk, ran disk and memory tests, reloaded OS from backup image. Seems to be in good shape now.

Installed VZ on the refreshed PC and it detected the U760 and offered to upgrade the firmware. I let it. I was able to connect with either VZ Access or MobiLink, although I seem to have to power off the machine for a minute after using MobiLink or VZ won't detect the modem.

Now I can finally get to the point where I can find the instructions to get to the diagnostic mode of VZ Access to get the raw signal strength numbers. Sheeesh!
mardunba

mardunba to Jim_in_VA

to Jim_in_VA
Click for full size
Here is the field test. I had to turn off EVDO only mode to get anything other than 0 (zero) to show in RSSI.

Based on the information provided, do the experts believe a Cyfre 819 amplifier would help my throughput?
Jim_in_VA (banned)
join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

Looking at that data I'm surprised you can post anything at all. How about a speedtest.net result ... can you do that?
mardunba
join:2002-01-05
Taylorsville, NC

mardunba

This is my most recent test. Back in November I have one that was as high as .44 Mb/s down and .11 Mb/s up.