how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

slinky333

join:2008-05-26
Orlando, FL

[CFL] Problem accessing certain channels with CableCard

On December 1 I got a Ceton Infinity and a HTPC with WMC setup. I got the Cablecard and Tuning Adapter and the tech hooked it up and everything was fine. I could tune all channels I subscribe to including SDV one's fine.

At this time I still had the BHN provided DVR in a spare room to finish watching the programs recorded there. Later, on Dec 18 I decided to suspend DVR service and return the cable box. After that, there's a few channels I can't watch anymore, with WMC saying "Subscription required". A few of these are Cooking Channel, DIY, Hallmark. I can access the non HD versions of the channels fine.

I called BHN today and the rep checked if I wasn't accidentally removed from the digital tier (which was my suspicion too) but that wasn't it. He also did the usual reset that did nothing either. So he booked a tech for me for tomorrow but stressed that it's most likely a problem with my equipment and that I may be charged.

Any suggestions on what can I do before the tech comes?
Is there someone else that has cablecard service only (TiVo or ceton or other) and no separate converter and receives all channels fine?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:147

Shoot me just your IP in our direct forums and let me make sure everything is set correctly...I only need your IP no need to copy all the rest. I'll reply here.

slinky333

Orlando, FL

Done

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to slinky333

Stand by...

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to slinky333

Okay we have checked your account and all looks well...please reverify once everything is finished rebooting.

slinky333

Orlando, FL

Still no luck

However I'm now using the Ceton Diagnostic Tool to test tuning and see messages and on these channels that I can't tune the last message says "CableCARD reports channel 1253 as clear. Please enter a premium or protected channel to test entitlement."

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to slinky333

I'm going to have someone else look at this in the morning just to be sure. What time is your appt?

slinky333

Orlando, FL

3 to 5 PM.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to slinky333

Alright...I'll be in touch in the morning...

slinky333

Orlando, FL
reply to slinky333

Issue has been resolved

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to slinky333