Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca to Who7

Premium Member

to Who7

Re: IP logging retention

said by Who7:

Again with the trolling thingy? All I wanted was blunt and straight forward...and kudos, you did that.

Sweet. I always get my trolls and hobbits mixed up, maybe my mistake.
said by Who7:

So let's start over.

Sounds fair, but really I am not evil.

Not that I'm looking for a gold star, but I think the work that I've done both individually and through my work with CNOC has been positive for competition in the industry and as a result good for consumers. We've built our business over the past 15+ years by focusing on customers so when the question was posed about our retention period I thought "good point, let's see if we can work on something less" and started a process to review that. In short, I hope that I've built up some credibility, particularly on DSLR where I've always been forthcoming and transparent.
said by Who7:

So.....when will you be able to announce the "week" or hopefully way less?

It's being reviewed, it would be premature to provide any guess as to what the final period will be or when it will be implemented but definitely working on it and hope to have something to share in the very near future.

hm
@videotron.ca

hm

Anon

said by rocca:

Sweet. I always get my trolls and hobbits mixed up, maybe my mistake.

I know you may not want to know this, BUT...

I read that as I was sipping on some red wine.

Not only did I snort, choke, and have wine come out my nose, but I'm pretty sure my brand new shirt I got for Xmas is now stained (not to mention the carpet).

I always wanted to know if the old wives tale of rapidly rubbing salt on a wine stain before rapidly tossing it in the washer is true.

I am about to find out.

TY Rocca.

Will post results in about 1-hour.
Who7
join:2012-12-18

Who7 to rocca

to rocca
said by rocca:

It's being reviewed, it would be premature to provide any guess as to what the final period will be or when it will be implemented but definitely working on it and hope to have something to share in the very near future.

The entire thing may be an exercise in angst if the judge makes it go away. Which of course mean that there will be other attempt's from different angles.....and different targets....and different judges.

But for now, I have to keep an extra eye on early teen nieces/nephews and their friends...or become the evil Uncle Troll who wont let them use his 25mbps wifi. Have you ever asked a 12 year not to do something? It's like a red cape to do it instead.

Anywho.....
Phorkster
Premium Member
join:2004-06-27
Windsor, ON

Phorkster

Premium Member

said by Who7:

said by rocca:

The entire thing may be an exercise in angst if the judge makes it go away. Which of course mean that there will be other attempt's from different angles.....and different targets....and different judges.

But for now, I have to keep an extra eye on early teen nieces/nephews and their friends...or become the evil Uncle Troll who wont let them use his 25mbps wifi. Have you ever asked a 12 year not to do something? It's like a red cape to do it instead.

Anywho.....

Ask them, or remove access.