spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Mike9051
join:2012-12-26
Brantford, ON

1 recommendation

Mike9051

[DSL] Changed over to TekSavvy - DSL speed is now terrible.

After over 8 years of receiving pretty good service from Teksavvy I convinced my parents to change over from the Knuckleheads at Acanac to Teksavvy 6Mb DSL service.

A week ago with Acanac service was a consistent 2.2Mb Up/800kb Down- which for the area is about as good as it gets. Now since changing over to Teksavvy the best I've ever seen is 350Kb Up/65Kb Down! What happened!?

After spending several hours on the phone with Tech Support and confirming my side of the network a slow speed ticket was raised and apparently Bell advised everything was fine.

I can't get past the 1st level of tech support and while everyone is apologetic all I'm getting is excuses. On Christmas Eve the women I spoke with at tech support said this is as good as it gets and then hung up.

Why can Acanac provide a higher level of service then Teksavvy over the same Bell lines? And what does it take to talk to someone who knows more then just whats on the troubleshooting fault tree?

mike0z
@teksavvy.com

mike0z

Anon

well, there is an automated process that determines stable line speed (profile) We all know in reality depending on various other factors the actual speeds the line can handle may be higher. Its up to teksavvy to request that bell put you on an appropriate line profile to give you best stability. Acanac may have given you a higher speed profile, which as it turns out was reliable. your best course of action would be to work with teksavvy to 'test' an alternate line profile, say....3mbps, and see how stable things are.
80289148 (banned)
join:2012-12-24

80289148 (banned) to Mike9051

to Mike9051
Just hung up on you right? You sure you want to post that because you know they will go listen to the call and if she didn't just hang up as you claim they will call you out on it and you will look really stupid.

Bell likely seen how crappy your lines are and put you on something which makes your line stable just not fast.
lutful
... of ideas
Premium Member
join:2005-06-16
Ottawa, ON

lutful to Mike9051

Premium Member

to Mike9051
We have been a Teksavvy customer for 6+ years and I have called their tech support just a few times when faced with really horrible slowdowns. Unfortunately I had to resolve recent problems on my own.

*** Regarding your problem, I suspect modem synced at a very low DS rate (maybe 384) after the transition. read the manual to see how to check modem status.

Power down and reboot the modem - it may sync at a higher DS rate on its own. Save some screenshots of DS/US sync rate if you need to do this process a few times.

P.S. If you already messed around with cables, make sure all connections from demarcation point to modem are still good.
Mike9051
join:2012-12-26
Brantford, ON

Mike9051 to 80289148

to 80289148
What I'm hoping for is that they go over all of my contacts with technical support for the past week. 8-10 calls in totaling 3-4 hours - and the only answer is "That's the best we can do".
Mike9051

Mike9051 to lutful

to lutful
I thought about that one too, however I have new TekSavvy modem and have rebooted numerous times on my own and with tech support on the phone. I even did all the home troubleshooting with the support rep with the DSL modem hooked up directly at the demarcation point.

TSILiz
Premium Member
join:2012-08-20

TSILiz to Mike9051

Premium Member

to Mike9051
Hi There,

I would like to review this account to ensure that everything was done correctly and to see what options we have in regards to your speed.

Please DM us in the Teksavvy Direct forum with the account information.

Thanks!
Liz
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

said by TSILiz:

DM??
Diss message?

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

said by MaynardKrebs:

said by TSILiz:

DM??
Diss message?

Direct Messge.
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

said by TwiztedZero:

said by MaynardKrebs:

said by TSILiz:

DM??
Diss message?

Direct Messge.

sorry /sarcasm was omitted