Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SeaSeaTee5

join:2010-05-06
Maryland
reply to RR Conductor

Re: Comcast truck driving through neighborhood recently

I'm guessing the spell check got him. D T O as in Director of Technical Operations...

burner50
Proud Union THUG
Premium
join:2002-06-05
Fort Worth, TX
kudos:1
reply to rendrenner

said by rendrenner:

We used to have a truck for that. Now we have the Trilithic systems installed in our trucks. About 80% of the trucks have it, Should be 100% fairly soon. The system has portable device that sits in a cradle for work outside the truck. Otherwise it just sits there while I drive. It has GPS for recording the location of the leaks. When I return to the shop, it has a WiFi system to upload the leaks. Only thing I have to do is turn it on.

I guess leakage detection equipment has really taken off since I got out of the industry...

I was elated when I got my Trilithic Super Plus.
--
I'm tired of killing stupid people just trying to do my job and go home!

quetwo
That VoIP Guy
Premium
join:2004-09-04
East Lansing, MI
reply to SeaSeaTee5

I doubt it is a new program that just started. Comcast in our area has been leak detection since the 1980's -- because it is required by law that they file with the FCC, just like any other cable operator.

The law also states that as soon as a leak over X mw is found, the tech needs to correct the leak immediately. This is usually done via a quick disconnect. They then write a work-order for somebody else to fix and go on their way. If they are simply writing repair orders for other people, then they are in violation of the law -- doubtful since the fine is pretty big.

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4
reply to SeaSeaTee5

said by SeaSeaTee5:

I've got a few "rat killers" that I have to fix....

cracks me up that 300 is a killer. loose fittings give that off, let alone a cracked 320.
--
I'm better than you!

gar187er
I do this for a living

Dover, DE
reply to SeaSeaTee5

said by SeaSeaTee5:

I'm guessing the spell check got him. D T O as in Director of Technical Operations...

ding ding ding
--
I'm better than you!

gar187er
I do this for a living

Dover, DE
reply to quetwo

leakage isnt new but going to GPS based systems is the new push
--
I'm better than you!

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD
reply to Madtown

They're making note of all the DirecTV dishes for their next direct mail campaign.

skuv

@rr.com
reply to whfsdude

said by whfsdude:

Doubtful. I've seen them installing APs here and they use their construction crews - not techs.

I am pretty sure most of the crews doing them are contractors as well which is why you see a ton go up at once.

Yes, they obviously use construction crews and contractors to do the initial installs. But what do you think they do after they are installed?

Dude111
An Awesome Dude
Premium
join:2003-08-04
USA
kudos:12
reply to Madtown

He could have been looking for people who are getting cable AND NOT PAYING FOR IT.. (The boxs give off certain signals and if he pulls up to an apartment that DIDNT PAY THEM FOR SERVICE and he got a signal,he would then know! (I have heard of them doing this sometimes)

Oedipus

join:2005-05-09

said by Dude111:

He could have been looking for people who are getting cable AND NOT PAYING FOR IT.. (The boxs give off certain signals and if he pulls up to an apartment that DIDNT PAY THEM FOR SERVICE and he got a signal,he would then know! (I have heard of them doing this sometimes)

That honestly sounds like something a typical Madera resident would take part in.

There you have it, people. A rare burst of sanity from the dude.

SeaSeaTee5

join:2010-05-06
Maryland
reply to Dude111

That wouldn't have been by truck. Everyone know's Comcast has a fleet of black helicopters that fly around looking for illegal boxes.

RR Conductor
NWP RR Inc.,serving NW CA
Premium
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
reply to Oedipus

said by Oedipus:

said by Dude111:

That honestly sounds like something a typical Madera resident would take part in.

So, where are YOU from?
--

DrDrew
That others may surf
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:15

1 recommendation

reply to Dude111

said by Dude111:

You've been listening to the non-mainstream media again haven't you? You've fallen for another wives tale.
--
If it's important, back it up... twice. Even 99.999% availability isn't enough sometimes.

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage

said by DrDrew:

said by Dude111:

You've been listening to the non-mainstream media again haven't you? You've fallen for another wives tale.

The Dude just hasn't made the move into the digitized 21st Century.
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

Oedipus

join:2005-05-09
reply to RR Conductor

said by RR Conductor:

said by Oedipus:

said by Dude111:

So, where are YOU from?

Like 15 or 20 minutes south of Madera.