uniqs

DAOWAce
join:2006-10-25
Flanders, NJ

1 edit

DAOWAce to tired_runner

to tired_runner

Re: It's that time of year again

Thanks to the storm and a ton of people home, the connection is now atrocious.

720p video streaming is actually impossible this time.

Give it a few more times before it annoys me to the point I force myself to start talking to people again. What a nightmare that's going to be.

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

Seems to be running fine over here.

Standard Tier:

frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt to DAOWAce

to DAOWAce
said by DAOWAce:

Thanks to the storm and a ton of people home, the connection is now atrocious.

720p video streaming is actually impossible this time.

Give it a few more times before it annoys me to the point I force myself to start talking to people again. What a nightmare that's going to be.

You have been talking to people for months, just the wrong people. You could have contacted CV with less effort than all the posts you made in the past few months. Live chat support is nice when you don't want to be on the phone.
tired_runner
Premium Member
join:2000-08-25
CT

tired_runner to DAOWAce

Premium Member

to DAOWAce

It's peak time so I'm not surprised about the upload, but it's working ok otherwise.

DAOWAce
Flanders, NJ

DAOWAce to frdrizzt

to frdrizzt
said by frdrizzt:

You have been talking to people for months, just the wrong people. You could have contacted CV with less effort than all the posts you made in the past few months. Live chat support is nice when you don't want to be on the phone.

Live chat and even the direct forum here do nothing. Starting from the bottom of the pile when I have direct access to the top isn't a logical thing to do.

The only problem is that I really have an issue with speaking to people over the phone; but that's the only contact method I have, except for Wilt; though he just gets supervisors and the like to contact me, over the phone, so even that isn't an easy solution.

Ideally, I'd speak to someone via text methods, but the world is never ideal. This is why I say "until it annoys me enough".

Still; not like they're going to want to give in to a node split without a bunch of other people calling in from the same node. That's the only thing that needs to be done to resolve the issue; no more, no less. (Well, unless they can somehow add more bonding channels.. don't think that's possible right now)
frdrizzt
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

Are there 5 channels in your area? I don't really know my NJ geography very well.

Nodes are generally split based on usage stats, not call volume. Whoever you want to contact, it doesn't matter to me, but before aiming for someone that high when you haven't had an issue for an extended period of time prior to October when you started posting about it.

DAOWAce
Flanders, NJ

DAOWAce

There have been 5 channels in my area for at least a year now.

It's actually when those channels were added that my severe packet loss issues were finally resolved.

Internet was basically 100% advertised speeds at all times back then. Fast forward a year and a half and now it's become oversaturated to the point where 'peak times' cause me to fall below half avertised speed on busy days.

The connection becomes useless for streaming even 480p video on days where a lot of people are home, like the snowstorm yesterday.

Oversaturation and oversold nodes, what CV is known for. I'm better off than most people who've had speed issues, but it's still fairly bad on those days.
DAOWAce

2 edits

DAOWAce

Yet another night of poor speeds.

It's taken 46 minutes to buffer a 10 minute 1080p Youtube video; yay for actually counting something this time.

I'd try getting one of my family members to deal with calling, but I'm the one with all the information of everything that's happened in the last few years. *sigh*

Faster than 70% of the US.. how disappointing this country is. What a coincidence that I just got done talking about the country's high speed internet penetration.
frdrizzt
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

If you have someone call, whether there is a field issue, cmts issue, or contention issue, they'd set up an appointment. The rep doesn't need the whole story; a decent chunk of it is irrelevant towards addressing the current issue, especially for the guy on the phone. From my experience, most notes in the appointment history are not even read, just the codes used (slow speeds, docsis 3 modem). If it's evenings, tell them to schedule either a 5-8 PM or 2-5 PM if that covers it too, and make sure you ether are there for the appointment or briefed someone who will be there with the info. If the tech confirms an issue, they'll escalate to OSP.

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

Let's face it, Both Christmas and New Years Day slowdowns like this as DAOWAce points out is just how much cable internet in general is oversold and oversaturated...when most people are home at one time to use it.

Once tomorrow rolls around it'll be fine I bet.
frdrizzt
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

He's been posting about that since October.
Parth
join:2010-08-16
Poughkeepsie, NY
ARRIS TM1602
Linksys WRT1900ACS

1 edit

Parth to DAOWAce

to DAOWAce
Mine started up again now too.