JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707 to whfsdude

Premium Member

to whfsdude

Re: [IPv6] Seeing two different LAN side ranges

No idea how I would change the DUID (though I can certainly look it up), and even so I can't see why it would change. I am spoofing the WAN MAC to maintain my original IPv4 address after I changed hardware for the firewall a while ago. Maybe somehow the real MAC is coming though but even still, there's only one real and one spoofed MAC so I should theoretically only see two different PD prefixes? This makes the fourth PD prefix I've seen in just two days.

whfsdude
Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Washington, DC

whfsdude

Premium Member

said by JoelC707:

No idea how I would change the DUID (though I can certainly look it up), and even so I can't see why it would change. I am spoofing the WAN MAC to maintain my original IPv4 address after I changed hardware for the firewall a while ago. Maybe somehow the real MAC is coming though but even still, there's only one real and one spoofed MAC so I should theoretically only see two different PD prefixes? This makes the fourth PD prefix I've seen in just two days.

Or pfsense lost, gained, changed an interface and is using that interface to base the DUID. Wish you could specify a static DUID (for dhcp6.conf) in the pfsense interface.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

Still have a "19" address on my desktop.

Given the Bellsouth circuit is PPPoE, doesn't pfSense "transform" or something that interface or something? After all it's "name" is "pppoe0" now, not xl0 like the actual adapter is. Maybe it's basing it off that instead?

I've run Wireshark before but it's been a while. I believe pfSense has support for mirroring an interface for packet capture and so should my switches. If you want me to capture anything let me know what you want captured, from where (what ports mirrored, if any) and what you want me to "do" while it is capturing.