share rss forum feed

Link Logger
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
reply to Link Logger

Re: Has Shaw become too Asymmetrical and is now falling behind

While I understand there might be technical reasons, or maybe a better word would be 'excuses', they don't really matter as consumers will go to companies who offer solutions. As we move towards 'cloud' based computing, upload speeds will become something consumers will want and as it stands now Shaw's solution isn't going to win or hold customers. I trust Shaw is looking for ways to improve this, and I look forward to their improved upload speeds in the near future, otherwise I might have to look elsewhere for a solution for my evolving internet needs.

Blake
--
Vendor: Author of Link Logger which is a traffic analysis and firewall logging tool

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3

The problem is that there are no companies offering solutions to consumers for this, I am sure once there are, Shaw will speed it up
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

fan13027

join:2008-10-26
Winnipeg, MB
Reviews:
·Shaw

said by kevinds:

The problem is that there are no companies offering solutions to consumers for this ...

Well there is one company in Winnipeg ...

»voinetworksolutions.com/home/ind···temid=56

The problem is they only serve multiple dwelling unit buildings so far like condos, larger apartments, and downtown office towers. But I just happened to recently move into a condo and will be seeking the boards permission to do their FREE installation into our building ASAP. Symmetrical 50/50 for less than what I'm paying for HS20 now seems quite attractive to me