uniqs

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ

C0deZer0

Premium Member

[WIN7] Creating a slipstreamed disc possible?

Out of curiosity... I know that there were some excellent tools for making slipstreamed discs of windows up to xp, with nlite, and then just different tools out there that could be set up for earlier OS's. But while veesta threw a monkey wrench into it, has there been anything done that could create some slipstreamed media for Windows 7?Mostly asking out of curiosity.

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

1 recommendation

Dustyn

Premium Member

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· rsQmoSmk

I think this tool looks fantastic: »[NEW] Win Toolkit -customize your Windows installation

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb to C0deZer0

Premium Member

to C0deZer0
For me, it was a two step process. First, I had to add SP1 to my source media. The steps to do that are at the below link.

»www.sevenforums.com/tuto ··· ile.html

Once I had ISO's that contained SP1, I was then ready to make an All In One Disk.

Those steps can be found here

»www.techpowerup.com/foru ··· t=145356

However, I will point out that in the end, you end up with a 5.11 GB ISO file, which will contain the following versions of Windows 7.

Windows 7 Starter x86 w/SP1
Windows 7 Home Basic x86 w/SP1
Windows 7 Home Premium x86 w/SP1
Windows 7 Professional x86 w/SP1
Windows 7 Ultimate x86 w/SP1
Windows 7 Enterprise x86 w/SP1
Windows 7 Home Basic x64 w/SP1
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 w/SP1
Windows 7 Professional x64 w/SP1
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 w/SP1
Windows 7 Enterprise x64 w/SP1

5.11 GB ISO's cannot be burned to a normal Single Layer DVD, as its to large. You will need either a 6+ GB USB Flash Drive, or a Dual Layer DVD. I don't have either one, so I am keeping the ISO until I am able to get one.

But, I was able to modify things a bit to create an All In One 32 Bit ISO and an All In One 64 Bit ISO that did fit on a standard single layer DVD.

--Brian
Shootist
Premium Member
join:2003-02-10
Decatur, GA

Shootist

Premium Member

Well that is because you have both 32 and 64 bit versions. In all honesty there is no need for the 32bit versions as if you are trying to install win 7 on a system that can not run the 64bit version you should be using some other operating system, whether Windows or some other OS.

Using the 32bit version on any system that can run the 64bit version gives you nothing extra. No better program support, programs that will not run on Win 7 64bit still won't run on Win 7 32bit, and certainly no better memory utilization as the 32bit version can't use anything over 3+ GB of RAM.

I have a Universal install and IIRC it is slightly over 4GBs in size, but it is only the 64bit version. Then again putting that ISO on a DVD disc is foolish as they are slow to install. Better to put it on a USB flash drive, along with other utilities like a imaging program, disk partitioning program and AV/Malware programs.

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

I agree with what you said. If the system can run a 64 bit OS, why even install the 32 bit one.

However, I was looking at it from a standpoint of only have ONE ISO that contained everything I would need for Windows7. I help a number of people with their computers. If I go to someones place to reinstall Windows for them (and they don't have or lost their install media), I only need to bring one DVD with me, instead of multiple DVD's. Everything is contained in one setup file.

--Brian