Search similar:

uniqs
war9200
Premium Member
join:2002-03-30
Ashburn, VA

war9200

Premium Member

[Bill] Bill went up $28.26 from December to January?

Time to cancel Comcast?
When I check the bill details, it is still showing the November bill.
Has anyone else seen such an increase?
Did you drop Comcast?

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

You need to get that latest full bill with details. It should show up within a day or so. You can then see what changed (end of promotion, price changes.)

Here in Chicago, they are raising prices. Preferred/Blast Internet going up $3. Most video $2. DTA's no longer free grandfathered ($2 each) for Digital Starter and higher. HD Fee $1. Additional outlet fee $1. And more and more.

celeritypc
For Lucky Best Wash, Use Mr. Sparkle
Premium Member
join:2004-05-15
Caldwell, NJ

celeritypc to war9200

Premium Member

to war9200
Do you have any alternate providers in the area like FiOS or UVerse? If so, call Comcast, get under a promotion and renew it at the end. I am under the same promotion for my 3rd straight year. My base rate for a triple-play premier with dvr is $159. With an additional digital box, dta, service plan, taxes and fees, the total is $189.00.

Call them anyway. When you call, hit the option for disconnect service and explain that your bill is too high.

andyross
MVM
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

Step one is to see the full bill first, just to see what happened.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

yea we need to see full bill that looks to be a VOD charge added
brianstretch
join:2001-12-31
Ann Arbor, MI

brianstretch to war9200

to war9200
Same crap here. Standard Cable went up to $60.52 and Performance Internet went up to $51.95. They're also charging $1.99 each for DTAs that used to be free. Total bill is $124, close to $1500/year, for awfully bare-bones service. U-verse is available but I hate AT&T... hmm, U-verse is not impressing me either.

I'm chatting with a Comcast rep now. Adding HDTV would cost $9.95/mo. I'm already paying too much, plus my Ceton InfiniTV4 and Echo let me get around that.

Digital Preferred would cost me $82.20/mo. Not happening.

I'd really like to look at a simple rate card so I can compare service tiers but I can't find one on Comcast's website. Being able to configure services online would be nice too.

Putting up a proper TV antenna and doing without the handful of basic cable channels I watch is probably the best option but others in this house would rebel. Might do it anyhow. Someone really needs to explain to Comcast that there's a recession going on.
nrobot80
join:2012-12-05
Union City, GA

nrobot80

Sounds like the rich are getting richer. If everyone came together and canceled service with these Monopolies like ComCrap, and American Thugs & Thieves then maybe someone will get a message. I can't stand the crappy service, bad customer service and high prices. This is supposed to be the land of the free, it seems like the only thing free these days is breathing air and that's up for debate. Until the government allows more service providers to offer competition to the masses then we will continue to put up with the crap we pay for. I for one am rooting for Google to come to Atlanta, I'll be the first one to sign up.

egeek84
Premium Member
join:2011-07-28
Livermore, CA

egeek84 to war9200

Premium Member

to war9200
Click for full size
well looks like i got you beat (actually it's cuz of prorated charges and an unpaid previous balance)
rscalzo
join:2006-07-07
Epping, NH

1 recommendation

rscalzo to war9200

to war9200

I can't stand the crappy service, bad customer service and high prices.

Then quit your whining and drop the service. You don't like the cost so don't use the service. Bet you cried when service went out during the storms and wanted no costs spared to get it back up and running. New equipment and the latest technology isn't free.

So climb on the roof and use rabbit ears and buy a newspaper for the latest news.

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
join:2005-07-01
Palm Springs, CA

fuziwuzi

Premium Member

Ad hominem attacks are never appropriate here. Did you have anything constructive to add?

andyross
MVM
Aurora, IL

andyross to war9200

MVM

to war9200
war9200 See Profile, did you ever get access to your latest bill and compare it against the previous month to see what happened?
war9200
Premium Member
Ashburn, VA

war9200

Premium Member

Yes--

The problem was the promotion expired.

Here were the differences (taxes not shown, small difference)

andyross
MVM
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

I'd think a cable box and HD Fee would be included in the main bundle. So the DVR should only be an extra $8, or do you have both a regular box and a DVR on two TV's?
war9200
Premium Member
Ashburn, VA

war9200

Premium Member

2 x DVR
1 x Digital Adapter
jagged
join:2003-07-01
Boynton Beach, FL

jagged to war9200

to war9200
and i thought $130/month was too much
when the inlaws leave in 8 days we're stripping the TV service to the bare minimum and leaving just internet. The Roku box and Netflix shouldn't be too bad

egeek84
Premium Member
join:2011-07-28
Livermore, CA

1 recommendation

egeek84

Premium Member

said by jagged:

and i thought $130/month was too much
when the inlaws leave in 8 days we're stripping the TV service to the bare minimum and leaving just internet. The Roku box and Netflix shouldn't be too bad

I tried that and couldn't do it. Netflix and Hulu Plus do have great programming options but there's still just too much great content that it doesn't have and of course sports and live events. And then there are the shows I just can't think of waiting until they come out on bluray/streaming (eg game of thrones, nurse jackie, breaking bad, walking dead, etc)

AlphaOne
I see
Premium Member
join:2004-02-21

AlphaOne to war9200

Premium Member

to war9200
Just give them a call, and be nice.
I was able to sweet talk a CSR (she has no foreign accent) yesterday.
With the same triple play bundle we had (HD Preferred or something), my bill went down for around $40/m. With a new 2-yr contract, she gave the bundle to me for $119+, plus $10 Blast upgrade, plus equipment rentals, and taxes.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to war9200

to war9200
looks like your promotion ended and you are in year 2 now where you will pay $179. In year 3 you pay $210.