Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

DSL_Ricer
Premium
join:2007-07-22
kudos:3
reply to julienvf

Re: OVH pricing at Montreal datacenter is... insane?

It also makes a good server/VPN for a tech oriented family. I moved my father over last weekend.

Incidentally, the 119€ plan is not suited to virtualization. I tried using that during install (to get more control over the partitions) and it took hours for the base Debian install. (Debootstrap from the rescue image would have been much faster if I hadn't forgotten to install the lvm package)

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5

said by DSL_Ricer:

It also makes a good server/VPN for a tech oriented family. I moved my father over last weekend.

Incidentally, the 119€ plan is not suited to virtualization. I tried using that during install (to get more control over the partitions) and it took hours for the base Debian install. (Debootstrap from the rescue image would have been much faster if I hadn't forgotten to install the lvm package)

vSphere should work, don't know about the other linux hypervisors.. I got the $49 i3 server and it's running perfectly.

Only trick was installing cPanel as a VM and bringing up the failover IPs but I figured it out.

They also have very little documentation on the Canadian site but googling around I find the right info more or less on the international sites.