Greed...

Got to love greed...NOT!
elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

elray

said by Beans5:

Got to love greed...NOT!

There is nothing greedy about this story.
The host can only charge what people will pay, assuming they will pay anything.
The story, now run a second time, demonstrates that there is more to life than "faster" broadband, contrary to the drumbeat that plays here daily.

KC needs a lot more more than Google Fiber to attract the next wave of startup geeks. Its a matter of inertia. Brilliant minds are more attracted to places already densely populated with intellectual and creative folks.
xenophon
join:2007-09-17

xenophon

double post, delete
xenophon

1 edit

xenophon to elray

to elray
said by elray:

KC needs a lot more more than Google Fiber to attract the next wave of startup geeks. Its a matter of inertia. Brilliant minds are more attracted to places already densely populated with intellectual and creative folks.

KC metro already has nearly 3000 IT/tech shops and 65K tech employment, about the same as Austin. There are hundreds of startups, around long before Google Fiber. GFiber will help draw attention to what already exists and hopefully take it to next level...

»www.techamericafoundatio ··· sas-city
»www.techamericafoundatio ··· 0-austin

KC ranks 5th in attracting young educated, in % growth...
»www.newgeography.com/con ··· -magnets

Barbara
@tmodns.net

Barbara

Anon

Kansas City is like the dead sea for IT and has been for at last the post 6 years! I don't know where these people get this information.
xenophon
join:2007-09-17

xenophon

Not following you, there are more tech jobs in KC than people to fill them. I'm getting calls from recruiters that I haven't seen since the late 90s. Cerner alone (healthcare software) is looking to hire 4K, they are bringing in about 1000 a year from outside KC. Over 500 companies have tech/engineering job openings lately..

»www.kcnext.com/index.php ··· -listing

»www.city-data.com/forum/ ··· ity.html