pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to neil0311

Re: Inaccessible sites....what is likely cause?

It would be useful to see your traceroutes to these two hosts NOW while it's working, too, to compare against when you start having problems again.
--
"I drank what?" -Socrates

neil0311

join:2005-07-24
Marietta, GA
said by pflog:

It would be useful to see your traceroutes to these two hosts NOW while it's working, too, to compare against when you start having problems again.

And I've done that and they look the same, except the traffic stops a couple of hops before the destination, which is why I was guessing that some kind of IP range was blocked of which my IP belonged. I was hoping others may also have experienced.

plencnerb
Premium
join:2000-09-25
Carpentersville, IL
kudos:3

1 recommendation

said by neil0311:

said by pflog:

And I've done that and they look the same, except the traffic stops a couple of hops before the destination, which is why I was guessing that some kind of IP range was blocked of which my IP belonged. I was hoping others may also have experienced.

If you did that, where are the results? I don't see them in this thread.

Posting the results so others can see will help you get your answers. Just saying "They are different, and it stops at one point in the one" tells us nothing.

Stops where? What is the host name, IP, location, what Hop#? All of that is important in trying to figure this out.

And yes, getting a new IP does change routing and all that, as the IP comes from a different DHCP host or server in a different part of the country. Your routing would be different, and that all effects things in the end.

If it does turn out that a provider along the way is blocking a range of IP's, having the server name or IP could help in that research. We could then figure out who owns that server, contact them, and verify that they are blocking a range of IP's. But, when you say "traffic stops at a couple of hops before destination", that tells us nothing.

--Brian
--
============================
--Brian Plencner

E-Mail: CoasterBrian72Cancer@gmail.com
Note: Kill Cancer to Reply via e-mail