join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
reply to bbrcat

Re: [TWC] Maine: Digital conversion

What I am asking is if they are shutting off their analog expanded basic tier. I already have one of my TiVo boxes and a TWC DVR at Grandma's house. The third TV has the cable plugged directly into the set (no converter). At my house in Mass, Comcast has already gone digital.

What I do know is TWC has already gone digital in northern Maine (Bangor/Augusta area).

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
Every few months it seems they send out a post card saying we will lose one or two more channels to digital. So i think they just keep removing analogs as needed.

Not sure what the hold up is.

Many years ago they wanted to do it in Portland but city council and some residents would have none of it. maybe that was just to early of a time to try it out. I believe it would have been the first market to do it just like they were for digital phone many years ago.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
What I am trying to figure out is if they are giving out the DTA converters yet. I want to install it so I don't have to come up when the time comes. I am without a car right now (needs extensive repairs) so the only way I can go to grandma's house is in those wonderfully expensive rental cars. I am up in Maine right now so I can do it. I don't want to install a full featured STB for the reasons stated in the original post, I just want to install a basic DTA.

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
Yes, i believe they have the tuning adapters available. I dont know the link to request one but i know it is out there. Try calling them up and requesting one.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3
reply to IowaCowboy
said by IowaCowboy:

What I am trying to figure out is if they are giving out the DTA converters yet. I want to install it so I don't have to come up when the time comes. I am without a car right now (needs extensive repairs) so the only way I can go to grandma's house is in those wonderfully expensive rental cars. I am up in Maine right now so I can do it. I don't want to install a full featured STB for the reasons stated in the original post, I just want to install a basic DTA.

yes this last round of analog cuts brought the launch of Cisco 170HD DTAs and this is for all of Maine. The Augusta Maine system used the Thompson/Technicolor SD DTA's during the trial for 100% digital but now all DTA launches in 2012-2013 are using the Cisco DTAs that provide HD locals and maybe some expanded basic HD channels such ESPN HD or TNT HD and maybe Fox Business Network HD depends on the system and those three HD channels I mentioned besides the locals are available on the DTA's in Rochester NY.