uniqs

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman to Camelot One

to Camelot One

Re: New fence - kick/bottom plate question

If it were me I'd just use some garden/chicken metal fence between the ground and the cedar. I'd dig down like 4-6 inches to bury the fence then staple it to the back side of the cedar with like 1/4" wide crown staples.

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k

Premium Member

said by Draiman:

If it were me I'd just use some garden/chicken metal fence between the ground and the cedar. I'd dig down like 4-6 inches to bury the fence then staple it to the back side of the cedar with like 1/4" wide crown staples.

^ This ^

The chicken wire won't be a visual issue, will require little maintenance, isn't costly, is easy to trim and install, won't impact drainage and ought to be plenty to keep the dogs in the yard.

mityfowl
Premium Member
join:2000-11-06
Dallas, TX

mityfowl

Premium Member

said by garys_2k:

said by Draiman:

^ This ^

The chicken wire won't be a visual issue, will require little maintenance, isn't costly, is easy to trim and install, won't impact drainage and ought to be plenty to keep the dogs in the yard.

Until someone goes to weed eat the bermuda and St. Augustine grass we have.

Draiman
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman

said by mityfowl:

said by garys_2k:

said by Draiman:

^ This ^

I have no issues with a weed eater around chicken/garden fence/wire. It works great to deter our dog from trying to dig. It's a proven method to handle the issue. I got the idea from another dog owner who got it from another dog owner. I didn't just get up this morning and decide to make up something that sounds good to post.

garys_2k
Premium Member
Farmington, MI

garys_2k to mityfowl

Premium Member

to mityfowl
said by mityfowl:

said by garys_2k:

said by Draiman:

^ This ^

He said he had mulch around the bottom of the fence. Hence, no grass to trim.

mityfowl
Premium Member
join:2000-11-06
Dallas, TX

mityfowl

Premium Member

said by garys_2k:

But that doesn't take into account the neighbor(s) on the other side of the fence.
margerydany
join:2012-11-14
Dallas, TX

margerydany to Camelot One

to Camelot One
To prevent sagging bottom rails should be supported with a kick plate.

Draiman
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman to mityfowl

to mityfowl
said by mityfowl:

said by garys_2k:

But that doesn't take into account the neighbor(s) on the other side of the fence.

If we based our lives around that kind of stuff we'd be in deep shit!

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin to Draiman

Mod

to Draiman
said by Draiman:

I have no issues with a weed eater around chicken/garden fence/wire.

When using a weed eater on fence wire I have to use a lot more line. That would be my last choice.
Critsmcgee
join:2011-12-02

Critsmcgee

said by robbin:

said by Draiman:

I have no issues with a weed eater around chicken/garden fence/wire.

When using a weed eater on fence wire I have to use a lot more line. That would be my last choice.

You still use line? You need to look into Aero-Flex! It makes no difference if you have chain, wood, concrete, or anything else for a wall you need to trim around with that.
»www.aero-flex.com/

garys_2k
Premium Member
Farmington, MI

garys_2k to mityfowl

Premium Member

to mityfowl
said by mityfowl:

said by garys_2k:

That's what the Roundup is for...