uniqs

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan to Body Count

Premium Member

to Body Count

Re: What good is ESPN3 when all my games are blacked out?

The reason games get blacked out on national channels such as ESPN is almost always because a local TV provider has the rights to broadcast that game locally. In the case that say your local CBS affiliate has the rights to a game that ESPN has the rights to nationally, it will be blacked out on ESPN in that area. There's nothing WOW can do about this, as it's not anything we control. If ESPN blacks it out, it's because they aren't allowed to show it.
Body Count
join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH

Body Count

But the ESPN3 package is no longer being used. ESPN upgraded their online service and WOW cable doesn't show up on the list of providers anymore.

That's what I'm trying to get at. WOW needs to update their contract with ESPN.
baess
join:2011-01-28

baess

Like he said, WOW is not listed as a WatchESPN participating provider.

»espn.go.com/watchespn/af ··· videosub

They are listed for ESPN3, which is different.

»espn.go.com/watchespn/affList
Body Count
join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH
Netgear CM1000
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter ER-4
Ubiquiti U6-Pro

Body Count

said by baess:

Whenever I select a game to watch live on espn.com, it always brings up the WatchESPN page, not ESPN3. It's like ESPN is moving away from ESPN3 and going to WatchESPN.
boopin
join:2011-08-25
Pickerington, OH

boopin

said by Body Count:

said by baess:

Whenever I select a game to watch live on espn.com, it always brings up the WatchESPN page, not ESPN3. It's like ESPN is moving away from ESPN3 and going to WatchESPN.

They are. ESPN3 is pretty much obsolete so WOW supporting that and not WatchESPN is like RedBox renting out VHS tapes and not DVD's.

Maybe since Dan has responded in this thread he might take a look at it now and see if anything's being done about it... since it's been discussed on here for months now.