Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage

4 edits
reply to t3kt3hgrrl

Re: IP Address not being removed from ATT Blacklist

said by t3kt3hgrrl:

The issue we have is that a client is trying to send very important emails to people who use ATT/Bellsouth/Packardbell accounts and they will not go through.

AT&T's email servers are used for Packard Bell? I was not even aware that Packard Bell still operated (or sold products) in the US.*

* I used to work for the company who assimilated the PC manufacturing entity known as Packard Bell. The current owner of the name Packard Bell only bought the name, not the company or its assets, and unless something has very recently changed, they do not even export anything using the Packard Bell brand name to North America (much less have any facilities here that would have email handled by AT&T).

I will admit that my eyesight is not what it used to be, but I don't see a US flag anywhere on the Packard Bell homepage:

--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
said by NetFixer:

said by t3kt3hgrrl:

The issue we have is that a client is trying to send very important emails to people who use ATT/Bellsouth/Packardbell accounts and they will not go through.

AT&T's email servers are used for Packard Bell? I was not even aware that Packard Bell still operated (or sold products) in the US.*

I noticed that as well. As a former AT&T West customer, I have to assume the OP thought that, 'pacbell.net' had something to do with "Packard Bell".

To the OP: The 'pacbell.net' domain belonged to "Pacific Bell Telephone", which was bought by SBC Global in 1996.

In addition, SBC bought AT&T, changing its corporate identity to AT&T, in 2005.

And these AT&T forums are geared to users of the 'at&t Yahoo! HSI service. Their purpose is for user-to-user assistance in troubleshooting problems with the DSL service; and related user account problems.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
said by NormanS:

said by NetFixer:

said by t3kt3hgrrl:

I noticed that as well. As a former AT&T West customer, I have to assume the OP thought that, 'pacbell.net' had something to do with "Packard Bell".

Actually that confusion is/was intentional. The name "Packard Bell" was a clever gimmick designed to make uninformed people think that there was an association with Hewlett Packard, Bell & Howell, and the multiple Bell telephone companies.
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.