BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:148
reply to swanny

Re: [Internet] Questions on Router Performance

said by swanny:

I want to thank you for the time and really going the extra mile to ensure everything checks out. A+ in my book!

Based on the findings and recommendation I will be looking at the ASUS RT-N56U and update with the custom firmware.

Thanks again for all the help!

The current flavor of Padavans firmware is awesome....that's what I run on mine.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

Guide_Tim

join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House

1 edit

Gary hehehehe You love your ASUS RT-N56U just as much as I love my Asus RT-N66U Gary Honestly they worked out most of the bugs with the N66U both with the latest ASUS firmware and Tomato firmware from shibby , They fixed the NVRAM 32>64 Issue like 6 months ago and fixed alot of bugs. Everything is smooth as silk now.

I would love to have my N66U go head to head with your N56U someday hehehe. But Either Router would most likely out perform a Linksys or a Dlink-655 on Benchmark Tests anyday
But yea the RT-N56U is still awesome and is $50 cheaper over the RT-N66U
--
Bakersfield Region Taft CA Brighthouse Customer Since 2003

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by Guide_Tim:

Gary hehehehe You love your ASUS RT-N56U just as much as I love my Asus RT-N66U Gary Honestly they worked out most of the bugs with the N66U both with the latest ASUS firmware and Tomato firmware from shibby , They fixed the NVRAM 32>64 Issue like 6 months ago and fixed alot of bugs. Everything is smooth as silk now.

I would love to have my N66U go head to head with your N56U someday hehehe. But Either Router would most likely out perform a Linksys or a Dlink-655 on Benchmark Tests anyday
But yea the RT-N56U is still awesome and is $50 cheaper over the RT-N66U

Yes but consumer sentiments haven't changed quite yet...once I see the trending upwards like the good old 56 then I will go buy one and add this to the list of monsters. Lets give it til March and I'll revisit the 66. I tend to play things very conservative once things have gone bad the first time and the launch of the 66 was a disaster...I was truly shocked Asus allowed that to happen.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

Guide_Tim

join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House

Gary I fully agree with you on that Asus allowed that to happen To be honest I think ASUS used alot of fixes for their latest firmware from the help of 3rd party open source firmware Coders lol
--
Bakersfield Region Taft CA Brighthouse Customer Since 2003

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by Guide_Tim:

Gary I fully agree with you on that Asus allowed that to happen To be honest I think ASUS used alot of fixes for their latest firmware from the help of 3rd party open source firmware Coders lol

Well there is nothing wrong with that when you think about it. Good things come from those who have the time and resources to tinker and they don't mind sharing for the common good. Asus and other companies should not fear private innovation that improves their products.
--