Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jdmm72

join:2002-02-12
Nitro, WV
reply to Lindsey

Re: whats with this kind of crap

Well the fire doesn't really explain my outage a few days before though. I guess it started smoldering then.

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:2

On the other hand, they've never been able to give you a solid connection to start :s

jdmm72

Nitro, WV

And that is also true.

jdmm72

Nitro, WV
reply to Lindsey

So I get home from turning up T1 lines today for AT&T and loo and behold, the third suddenlink outage in a week. Both phone and internet, both modems just blocking ds lights.

longgone

join:2000-12-30
Culloden, WV
reply to Lindsey

Houston we have a problem.

No outages here....but some momentary connection drops during the past week or so, also have seen steadily dropping speeds that are now down to only 15 to 25 of the 107 meg here all evening and night, and has been going in that direction for many weeks, but now that declining rate appears to be much worse since the time of that commented fire problem, so I really hope they will get that possibly still smoldering fire completely under control, and please repair and fix whatever damages it may have caused and also fix whatever else may be the cause of these problems.
The small 5:30am time frame that was the only hope to see the 107.... is gone, as it no longer gets close to the 107 max anymore either.

jdmm72

Nitro, WV
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to Lindsey

jdmm72: You can't, your service sucks, your customer service is worse.

Robyn D.: I apologize that you have been experiencing some issues with your services. It looks like there was a cable sliced in your area which had to be repaired in order to restore your services.

Robyn D.: Are they working now?

jdmm72: 3 separate outages in 11 days?

jdmm72: Awesome uptime....72.7%

Robyn D.: I do apologize. I am unsure of the other two outages, but I know we have been experiencing some of the worst weather we have had in years which has been affecting several service areas. Has there been recent bad or cold weather in your area?

jdmm72: Weather? REALLY?
It's been cold....no snow on the ground. The ground is wet.

I guess the Christmas Eve outage was so they could take down their apocalypse preparations, 12/27 was a fire, 1/3-1/4 was a cable splice, all because of the worst weather in millenia

Lindsey

join:2008-12-16
Gypsy, WV
reply to Lindsey

remember when you call these idiots, there in TX, they have no clue what the weather is like in wv and some times I wonder if they are really in tx

moldypickle

Haughton, LA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

They don't know about trailer houses either apparently. The call center told me that they canceled my origin first install date because it would be too hot in my trailers attic to install cable. O.o

Wet ground can actually effect old worn lines though. We have that problem at a smaller down about 30 miles away. The majority of the town goes offline every rain, lol.

longgone

Culloden, WV
reply to Lindsey

Yes, Sometimes when it rains.. it pours.
Yeah...let's all talk about the weather and other possible causes for these issues, but all this stuff has me recalling hearing about the same wintertime things every other year or so.... all the way back to whenever Paul Allen's Charter Communication was in beta after purchasing Triax Cable and straight up through to the present with SL. but usually did stop for a time, but only after there was a fix or upgrade at the plant, or sometimes whenever a fix somewhere out on the line path was done.
Yes, and sometimes it just may get freezing cold here in the winter, and suppose the current below freezing 28 degrees, or whatever, is the culprit for seeing atm only 13.9Mb of the 107.

moldypickle

Haughton, LA

Question, why not just drop your package to teh 30 or 15?

longgone

Culloden, WV

said by moldypickle:

Question, why not just drop your package to teh 30 or 15?

Suppose I will be, and only expect the same at any speed.

Typical Saturday 3:32pm on the 107.

jdmm72

Nitro, WV
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to Lindsey

said by Lindsey:

remember when you call these idiots, there in TX, they have no clue what the weather is like in wv and some times I wonder if they are really in tx

Nah, most of the ones I talk to are in Shrewsbury, WV, across the Kanawha River from Chelyan, WV. They are in WV from this local area, might as well be in Timbuktu though with some of their responses.